✅ Implemented Incentivize Voting

Fix/feature implemented.

Xyphien

Addicted
You've successfully incentivized Website Battles, now if you look everyone is doing battles. I love this idea, and think it's amazing. HOWEVER, the problem now lies that you have 20 website battles, and there only seems to be about 1 - 3 votes on each battle. There's no real reason for people to do battles as well as explain why they've voted.

Of course I'd never say that we need a change/fix to something without giving at least 1 idea to fix it. Offering extra FP$ for voting as well as posting more than 50 characters would be a great incentive to get votes as well as give people constructive criticism/inspiring posts on why they could either do better, or why they got the vote. FP$ is a big deal on FP so why not give people incentives to help others out in a fun and competitive way.

"I've voted for xyz.xyz because they had a great theme that worked with both my 720p monitor, as well as 4k monitor. Their community is extremely active, however it is mostly in the chatbox unlike com.com which is a lot more active with posts. However everything else still fell in xyz's favor"

With this you could get 2 or 3x more than normal FP$ for posting, as well as FP$ for the actual vote on the poll. It would incentive voting, as well as it looks a lot better than 3 votes, and one of them made a comment "voted for com.com"

Another option would simply to make it so people have to vote on at least 3 - 5 polls prior to being allowed to vote again, however this would simply make more work for the mods on the site.

Ozzy47

Package Team Leader
Package Team
Community Team
Gamma Premium
How would we balance that now since more FP$ would be put into the system? We would need a way to remove that FP$ as well otherwise inflation begins again.

There are plans to add items to the shop. Also they could spend them on services.

Thomasss

Community Team Leader
Community Team
I'd make an announcement of it so people know that they get rewards for voting to increase the votes :)
It was mentioned here:

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Of course I'd never say that we need a change/fix to something without giving at least 1 idea to fix it. Offering extra FP$ for voting as well as posting more than 50 characters would be a great incentive to get votes as well as give people constructive criticism/inspiring posts on why they could either do better, or why they got the vote. FP$ is a big deal on FP so why not give people incentives to help others out in a fun and competitive way.

"I've voted for xyz.xyz because they had a great theme that worked with both my 720p monitor, as well as 4k monitor. Their community is extremely active, however it is mostly in the chatbox unlike com.com which is a lot more active with posts. However everything else still fell in xyz's favor"
Here's what I'm thinking. You may be putting more thought into this then is warranted. The Website Battles are just supposed to be harmless fun. They were never meant to be serious.

Some of the same forums will run 10 to 20 times on here in the battles. So every time myself or another member votes, you're wanting said members to put in x amount of words as of why they voted. That can get repetitive. In fact that can be demotivational for the battles. Even if you're asking why they didn't vote for your forum.

What if both forums are absolutely equal and you leave your vote to chance?

What if the other forum obviously looks bad and it's pretty evident as why everyone voted for the nicer forum that Joe Smith put his heart and soul into it? If that is the case, is it really worth the time putting into words why I didn't vote for that particular forum?

Is the losing party not able to piece that together on their own by looking at the other competing forum?

I've always thought that when you look at a forum and then cast a vote. It's pretty simple and straight forward. You can tell by comparing both sites and seeing which forum looks better in terms of theme, domain name, and activity. Not to mention, we already have a feedback section on the forum if it's that important to you. I honestly wouldn't change a thing about it. It's just is what it is.

Last edited:

Xyphien

Addicted
@Lämmchen @Terminated I believe you both missed the main focal point to this post which is that there should be an incentive. What I listed after that was two suggestions on how I see that being done. Not saying that should be the thing done in response to the incentivized voting, just that there should in fact be incentivized voting which has been worked with and done already.

The Website Battles are just supposed to be harmless fun.
With the new medals that are massive and showcased on every post of yours it now seems like a main focal point to the forum as of now which I like.