Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
Many new webmasters start a forum, blog, or another website hoping to achieve instant fame, success, and fortune. Whether they’re attempting to earn money or just bring in new community members or subscribers, some web administrators make the mistake of thinking they will be successful quickly. That is not the case, at least not for most websites. Instant online success isn’t a total myth because hundreds, if not thousands, of websites have gone viral within days of opening. However, this should not be expected by everyone. Having your site go viral on Reddit or Facebook, or achieving other forms of instant success online is extremely rare. Keep reading to learn how you can adjust your expectations, follow reasonable guidelines for long-term success, and ultimately be a better webmaster.

The Long Game

Part of being a long-term thinker means focusing on something we call “the long game”. In other words, it means striving to achieve goals over a set period of time without...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hanging Chad

Lambwitch

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$
This really resonates with me and one way of looking at success could be whether you enjoy doing what you do and having the site you have. I'm not saying don't strive for better! I started a new forum recently and mainly it's for ME because it's about crafts and it's what I love to do so even if it doesn't take off I'll still have a place that I can fill up with projects I've done, projects I want to do and whatever.

My point is that I find the OP to be encouraging :D

Reactions: Ghost