Investing for your age

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$
Do you know that how you invest should be determined by what age you are? The reason is because as you grow older you don't want to risk your hard earned money by aggressive investment strategies but at earlier ages you can make up the loss easier. Investment is usually for retirement (not always) so think long term even with short term investments. What I mean by that is that the end result is to have enough money by the time you retire so you can be comfortable.

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
Do you know that how you invest should be determined by what age you are? The reason is because as you grow older you don't want to risk your hard earned money by aggressive investment strategies but at earlier ages you can make up the loss easier. Investment is usually for retirement (not always) so think long term even with short term investments. What I mean by that is that the end result is to have enough money by the time you retire so you can be comfortable.

I try to save. But I don't think I'm going to be able to retire until I'm ancient. I may have to look into some kind of retirement plan.

ChrisGrigg

Administrator
Administrator
Jul 9, 2009
South Carolina
www.ushost247.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
Like Badge
I invest instead of "saving". I've turned $17,000 into around $190,000 in a year on stocks and cryptocurrency. My age is 28.

• Love
Reactions: Ash

Cam!

This is Water
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Pokemon Master
Like Badge
Cookie Badge
You should definitely make your investment decisions based on how old you are, and how much longer you plan on being in the workforce. If you're older and nearing retirement age, that's when you want to be conservative with your investments. You want to have very little risk in seeing your money disappear, as you may be without a paycheck soon. Blue chip stocks like Walmart/Apple/etc is typically where you want to invest. If you're younger, that's when you can take risks. That could be crypto, NFTs, up and coming stocks, and more.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
You should definitely make your investment decisions based on how old you are, and how much longer you plan on being in the workforce. If you're older and nearing retirement age, that's when you want to be conservative with your investments. You want to have very little risk in seeing your money disappear, as you may be without a paycheck soon. Blue chip stocks like Walmart/Apple/etc is typically where you want to invest. If you're younger, that's when you can take risks. That could be crypto, NFTs, up and coming stocks, and more.

That's one reason that my husband and I didn't invest heavily into Dogecoin even though I've hinted about it in smaller amounts. He's just not interested yet in something so risky.

Reactions: ZandraJoi

ChrisGrigg

Administrator
Administrator
Jul 9, 2009
South Carolina
www.ushost247.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
Like Badge
That's one reason that my husband and I didn't invest heavily into Dogecoin even though I've hinted about it in smaller amounts. He's just not interested yet in something so risky.
May 8th is going to be a big day for Dogecoin. #Dogefather #SNL #ElonSNL #Dogecoin

Reactions: Lämmchen

ChrisGrigg

Administrator
Administrator
Jul 9, 2009
South Carolina
www.ushost247.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
Like Badge
@Cam!
We'll be talking about the sale of FP once I become dogecoin millionaire. :laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: Lämmchen

Cam!

This is Water
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Pokemon Master
Like Badge
Cookie Badge
@Cam!
We'll be talking about the sale of FP once I become dogecoin millionaire. :laughing:

Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

On another note, I've been using Fidelity's stock app to buy into lots of penny stocks that aren't even listed on Robinhood. Stocks that are .001 and crap like that. Maybe the next Amazon is somewhere in the mix. :p

ChrisGrigg

Administrator
Administrator
Jul 9, 2009
South Carolina
www.ushost247.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
Like Badge
Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

On another note, I've been using Fidelity's stock app to buy into lots of penny stocks that aren't even listed on Robinhood. Stocks that are .001 and crap like that. Maybe the next Amazon is somewhere in the mix. :p
That Dogecoin today.
Stare Staring GIF

$0.60

Cumulus

Marketing Team Leader 📊
Marketing Team
Oct 8, 2020
UK
FP$
Thank You Badge

Cam!

This is Water
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Pokemon Master
Like Badge
Cookie Badge
That Dogecoin today.
Stare Staring GIF

$0.60

Call me a quitter, but I went ahead and sold out. I'll settle for $0.68 a coin. Maybe I'll regret it come SNL though. :p

I bought my first lot of Doge today - must say I was inspired by this forum to do so 😅

Hopefully I'm not too late - $1 coming soon I think!

It's scary getting in that late. :p

ChrisGrigg

Administrator
Administrator
Jul 9, 2009
South Carolina
www.ushost247.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
Like Badge
Call me a quitter, but I went ahead and sold out. I'll settle for $0.68 a coin. Maybe I'll regret it come SNL though. :p

It's scary getting in that late. :p
Late? We just getting started!

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
I’d say a lot of people dumped their Doge during SNL. Price went right back down into the $0.50 range. Hopefully it’ll jump back up for June 9th.

What's happening June 9th? I googled that date and it's National Sex Day. I don't see the connection? LOL

• Whistle
Reactions: ChrisGrigg

Cam!

This is Water
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Pokemon Master
Like Badge
Cookie Badge