Invisibility

Joshua Farrell

Administrator
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
offtopichub.com
FP$
Do you use the invisibility option on forums? And if you do, which ones do you use it the most on?

Personally, I never really liked using it, as I have had issues in the past with people thinking I am never on, when the invisibility option is ticked. Over the years I have received quite a few messages by people who don't pay attention enough to posting habits to know when someone is on, even with the invisibility running in the background.

Aaron

Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Jun 4, 2013
FP$
I don't do it as much as I used to. People will know I'm online as I'll most likely clog up the 'New Posts' feature :D

Ravenisawesome

Resident
Aug 4, 2012
Mobius
FP$
I used to use the invisible option back when I first got into forums, because I'm introverted. Over the years I just stopped being invisible on the forums I visit, and don't mind if other people wish to message me.

Lämmchen

Addicted
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
I used to be an Admin of a forum that had over 300,000 members and there were sections that were limited to different groups of people and I would be invisible in some of those forums because there were watch dogs who would call out the people viewing "their" forum and wondering why. Usually I was viewing a post that had gotten reported and it wasn't worth explaining my presence to those hounds. ;) These days I'm never invisible. I want people to see when a staffer is online in case they need me.