IP.Board 4.0

Thomasss

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Jan 28, 2013
forumer.io
FP$
IP.Board has released their new software a while back, and despite all the bugs and well, bugs, it has a ton of potential and it's just so smooth. What's everyone's experience with the 4.0 release of IP.Board?

Cosmic

Manners maketh man
Jul 5, 2009
FP$
It looks really good, from what I've seen. :D I love that they're doing new things with the software. I haven't had a chance to use it extensively yet though.

THF_Martin

Addicted
Aug 9, 2013
England, UK
thehorrorforums.com
FP$
We didn't really like the look of IPB 4 and some of the ethics behind the business, seems some people at admin forums agree, and so we decided to convert our gaming forum from IPB 3 to Xenforo and we are very happy with the choice so far.

Roguevial

Reputable
Aug 25, 2015
FP$
It's fantastic. I absolutely love it, I also love the extension support.

Just waiting for a SSO mod that allows Wordpress and IPS4.0 compatibility...

alakazam

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Apr 5, 2014
FP$
In what universe could someone consider that IPB 4 looks more aesthetically pleasing than IPB 3.8?

I mean, even the default themes. Just look at them. IPB 4 looks bulky and Minecraft-like, while IPB 3 is fluid-looking and elegant. What in God's name is InvisionPower thinking?

Joe

Madly Diligent
Oct 12, 2007
FP$
I'll just point out some minor annoyances I've noticed so far:

-- Usually when I'm loading my Notifications (and other things) I have to watch the loading graphic for a few seconds before they become visible (every other software those things appear instantly).

-- Sometimes the quick reply box will only show the options to Upload an Attachment and I can't make a normal post.

-- They seem to have gotten rid of Signatures on the new version, or maybe disabling signatures for the regular users group is the default setting and most admins don't fix it?

Other than the above, it seems okay.

ardenhag

New Arrival
Mar 12, 2015
FP$
THF_Martin said:
We didn't really like the look of IPB 4 and some of the ethics behind the business, seems some people at admin forums agree, and so we decided to convert our gaming forum from IPB 3 to Xenforo and we are very happy with the choice so far.
Can you expand on this? What about their business ethics did you have a problem with?

Izaya

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Nov 19, 2014
FP$
My site http://akylos.com has been running IPB 4 since May 2015 and it had a bit of growing pains but honestly IPB is the best premium software you can buy in my opinion.

I absolutely love it.

Thomasss

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Jan 28, 2013
forumer.io
FP$
They just released a development version of their newest release to some members (not everyone), which literally fixes everything the first few versions had wrong with them.

It's awesome to seem them start rolling out major releases, looking forward to seeing some more improvements. :D I would defiantly buy it if I had the money to spend. :lol:

Aaron

Legendary Typer
Jun 4, 2013
FP$
Cookie Badge
I've played with it rarely.
I've just signed up for another 5 day demo :)

Draper

New Arrival
Nov 25, 2015
www.vhlforum.com
FP$
Our site upgraded to 4.1 a month or two again.. im kind of on the fence about the experience so far. On one hand, a lot of the new features are great, but on the other it feels like the old IPB 3 was cleaner, simpler.

Thomasss

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Jan 28, 2013
forumer.io
FP$
Draper said:
Our site upgraded to 4.1 a month or two again.. im kind of on the fence about the experience so far. On one hand, a lot of the new features are great, but on the other it feels like the old IPB 3 was cleaner, simpler.

Really? :eek: See I always thought IPB 3.x was a little outdated, and IPB 4.0 gave it that smooth and modern look, especially in the ACP. What about it makes you feel that way?