IPB 4.5

Blackout

Addicted
FP$
I don't understand why, maybe the laziness aspect of it? I like putting in the word, finding an avatar and signature personifies me (giving credit where due of course) and feeling like more than just another anonymous face in a list of users.

Puppuccino

Sponsored Content
FP$
To be honest, since social media really took off a good few years ago now, forums just aren't the same.

All of the really bigs forums I knew of are pretty dead now, even if they still get a decent amount of traffic, they're no where near the activity stats that they used to be. You need to put a social spin on stuff nowadays for it to take off.

Empire

President Of Fourm Promotion
Gamma Premium
To be honest, since social media really took off a good few years ago now, forums just aren't the same.
Agree IPB has gone down also, they are not as busy as they used to be and not to mention far less add-ons and most of the third-party devs are so slow if not moved on and no longer supporting

Blackout

Addicted
FP$

All of the really bigs forums I knew of are pretty dead now, even if they still get a decent amount of traffic, they're no where near the activity stats that they used to be. You need to put a social spin on stuff nowadays for it to take off.
I'd prefer to avoid social media. I :heart: the concept of forums as they are meant to be. If I want social media, I would have a twitter, facebook and the like, which I don't. If enough of us that still use forums got together and made one, I feel if we banded together we could help it stay alive, albeit maybe not as active as older communities used to be.

Puppuccino

Sponsored Content
FP$
I'd prefer to avoid social media. I :heart: the concept of forums as they are meant to be. If I want social media, I would have a twitter, facebook and the like, which I don't. If enough of us that still use forums got together and made one, I feel if we banded together we could help it stay alive, albeit maybe not as active as older communities used to be.

Whilst a good concept, people want their own spaces so it just wouldn't work.

Blackout

Addicted
FP$
You just make it to where the layout expands/contracts as necessary to suit everyone's needs?

simonweb

Up-and-Coming Sensation

Empire

Gamma Premium
They are still testing and "adding" new features, for example see the post about the new marketplace integration within the ACP that was posted yesterday. And they've recently upgraded the official IPB forums to 4.5. I'm sure a full release is just around the corner.
I do like the new update, So many more options without leaving the ACP. MAkes update plugins so much easy. It's hard to keep track of what plugin is updated you know.

I see that there are a lot of theme changes and so once it's out I wait till plugins and theme are updated

Empire

Gamma Premium
Well, I like the new ACP improvements and that they added the marketplace into the ACP and you don't need to go on there IPB site. And now when there is a plugin update it updates by the ACP and no need to download and upload it yourself.

End of the day there is far more ACP backend improvements that I like then the front end. As a member of the site or any IPB forums you won't see much difference