Is "mostly black" a bizzare color for interior decorating?

Lämmchen

Paragon
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
Black is my favorite color to wear for clothing...but not on my walls. I once transformed my basement into a haunted house using black plastic sheeting for walls and even after removing the Halloween props, the rooms all felt very depressing. Using black for theater walls makes sense if you are focusing on a big screen in a room, but I wouldn't want black anywhere else in the home.

Elli

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jan 20, 2019
ellimccale.com
FP$
Oh, hell yeah, I would totally live in those houses. Black is an awesome color! Gold, silver, or white accents would complete the room. Not gonna lie, this is actually my interior decorating dream, but my husband would not go for it. :tearsofjoy:

Plus, I feel like the house needs to be like, Victorian-era or sufficiently haunted to pull this off.

• Haha
Reactions: Jason76

Joshua Farrell

Administrator
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
offtopichub.com
FP$
Like Badge
I would never paint the entire inside of a house black, but if I had the option, I probably would paint one room black if I had a theme for it. Though I did recently see a house that the outside was painted entirely black on the outside. Granted, it was a business that was using the house previously.

Reactions: Jason76