Is "mostly black" a bizzare color for interior decorating?

Discussion in 'Intellectual Talk' started by Jason76, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Package Team Member Package Team

+468
  2. Jerlene

Jerlene The Senseless Blogger Administrator

+724
    I love black for interior design but it needs to be balanced. White is a good balance. I wouldn't say mostly black is a good choice though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+2,298
    Fully black lloks so darn dark to the point that I dislike it. Black is alright as long as you have other colour(s) Plus light colours make the room more bigger and brighter

4. Lämmchen

Lämmchen Up-and-Coming Sensation

+123
    Black is my favorite color to wear for clothing...but not on my walls. I once transformed my basement into a haunted house using black plastic sheeting for walls and even after removing the Halloween props, the rooms all felt very depressing. Using black for theater walls makes sense if you are focusing on a big screen in a room, but I wouldn't want black anywhere else in the home.

5. Elli

Elli Reputable

+73
    Oh, hell yeah, I would totally live in those houses. Black is an awesome color! Gold, silver, or white accents would complete the room. Not gonna lie, this is actually my interior decorating dream, but my husband would not go for it. :tearsofjoy:

Plus, I feel like the house needs to be like, Victorian-era or sufficiently haunted to pull this off.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell Administrator Administrator

+1,006
    I would never paint the entire inside of a house black, but if I had the option, I probably would paint one room black if I had a theme for it. Though I did recently see a house that the outside was painted entirely black on the outside. Granted, it was a business that was using the house previously.

• Like Like x 1