Is society too "politically correct"

md16185

Reputable
Jan 14, 2008
FP$
Should it be legal to discriminate against people, as far as online access and communications, based on stuff that has nothing to with the site, forum, or whatever community?

It seems like everyone is all for "equal rights", yet then they want to cause
problems for someone that has never been any problems.. Do you see
where this is going?

There is no reason, for example, that "I" should be removed unfairly, and unreasonably from any forum or discussion... I am not a troll or spammer...
I am sure that Christian, Fowler, and several of the staff members know
this...

If someone is complaining, look at their motive, and whether or not the
claim is substantiated...

Like I was advised, by someone here, that would be throwing a
"normal/active user", just out of spite... Any commens, feel free to share them..

Carson

Seasoned Veteran
Apr 12, 2007
FP$
Trust me. We never give punishments to users unfairly. In fact, we are pretty light with punishments here.

I think you are taking this 'banned anonymously' thing a little too far. Please send me a PM including a link to the site you were banned from, including the username of the staff member who banned you.

md16185

Reputable
Jan 14, 2008
FP$
It's like the sites I mentions in the thread that was closed down, since it wasn't goin anywhere... Then I got something regarding my membership here at FP..

I have never caused problems at any site in like 10 years of using the Internet... But I have had like 3-4 trolls follow me places online, such as MySpace, Facebook, and other sites...

I think people need to look at someone's record here, when someone complains, instead of acting like every complaint is like a "life or death" thing...

I hope you see where I am coming from.. If something is irrelavent to a site, forum, or community, what difference should it make.. Those are the reactions that trolls want, is to make themselves look smart...

This blog is an example.

Thanks for caring, carson... I'm more open and generous, than anything problematic... Everyone here shoould realize these things!

CyberFreak

Legendary Typer
Apr 7, 2007
UK
FP$
I see that this topic is having a little dig at me and efc although as you seem to be happy talking about it and promoting your criminal record i will mention a few things here.

Not to go into too much detail as i know efc is dealing with it and talking to you. We normally look into complaints about other users here and we have looked into the email i received about you and everything checks out and from what we found out from the info given by the person who informed us and the use of google we know it is true and fair enough you haven't done anything wrong here apart from start many similar topics about people treating you bad and we can understand were they are coming from and surely you can see where they are coming from as trouble seems to follow you and you seem to enjoy it and seem to like people having it in for you. Many people just want to protect their members so the easy way is to get rid of you by banning you and not trying to work around like we are. We could have banned you when we first found out a few days ago but we didn't. You do have some history too which is a worry for anyone who owns a forum as we need to be sure you are not a threat to anyone here as if you are and we do nothing we would get blamed wouldn't we for not acting on information we have been told as this is pretty serious you know with everything going on about online safety these days. That is why people ban you as it is serious but you don't understand that they do it as they don't want to take the risk that have changed or not.

We have to balance up what we have and decide what is best and if you are likely to cause trouble here.

We don't act on every complaint we get but we always look into them and if we feel the need to we will act. We want to create an happy, safe environment for people to talk and relax.

md16185

Reputable
Jan 14, 2008
FP$
Oh, you think,, with all the pl that do cause problems, and with people that troll the web, that does rasie concerns, on what is "best for the community"...

I see people worrying about stuff like you mentioned.. Yet, whenever someone goes to a chat these days, 3/4 of the people are sexual or they try to be thugs...

I can see why people worry, with all the ID theft, and stuff, I am not clueless, I know it kinda probably looked that way...

But, should perople be concerned, like if someone sends me spam, thinking I am a spammer?!

I mean there are so many lines that can be drawn online..