Is the tablet more popular than the laptop?

Discussion in 'Computers & The Internet' started by Corzhens, May 21, 2017.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Addicted

+76
    Do you think the laptop is still the most popular mobile gadget in terms of sales? I have been seeing lots of people in public places with a table. Yesterday I was in a swimming pool resort and not just one or a few but I saw many tablets mostly being used by kids. It looks like the laptop is now reserved for business purposes and for personal use, it is the tablet. What do you think?

2. Tick-O-Tock

Tick-O-Tock Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+1,834
    today. Yes alot of people that have jobs or big company's they walk around with them

3. TDK

TDK Paragon

+361
    I reckon the tablet is much more popular than laptops nowadays, though I still prefer a laptop for my uses.

4. RH-Calvin

RH-Calvin Paragon

+56
    If I talk of business then surely a laptop is more reliable. I use my tablet for surfing and playing games most of the time.

5. chrissky

chrissky Up-and-Coming Sensation

+15
    depends on what you want it for, i use my laptop for work and gaming aswell

6. Lord Saru

Lord Saru Heart and Hands

+436
    I think tablets are gaining popularity more than computers and laptops.

7. WebExpert

WebExpert New Arrival

+0
  8. IT

IT Madly Diligent Review Team

+675
    I prefer a laptop. Typing on a tablet had become awkward so I never really liked using a tablet. If I'm going to be mobile, I'm going to use a laptop.

9. Tick-O-Tock

Tick-O-Tock Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+1,834
    Tablet are good if you are on holiday or on the move yet Desktops and laptops I used allot

10. spaget

spaget Acquaintance

+3
    I think the tablet has overtaken laptops in sales especially among the younger generation who aren't working.

11. Azareal

Azareal Paragon

+119
    I forgot tablets existed, well sort of, since everything these days seems to be about mobile vs desktop. I know plenty of people use mobile phones, but I don't think tablets ever really got to the same level of popularity as mobile.

For me at-least, a tablet is too big to fit in my pocket, and isn't anywhere near as powerful as my laptop which can run circles around some desktops, but it might make a nice remote administration tool for jumping into the ACP without the mobile drama.

12. vgchat

vgchat Reputable

+5
  13. Ash

Ash Seasoned Veteran

+195
    Tablets are slowly becoming less popular although the 2-in-1 laptop/tablet hybrid is doing well. I just can't see standalone tablets ever becoming more popular than laptops.

14. Jerlene

Jerlene Seasoned Veteran Community Team

+70
    Tablets are a thing of the past. It's become something more for the children.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ChrisGrigg

ChrisGrigg WebHost - www.USHost247.com Community Team Forum Sponsor

+94
    I really enjoy my desktop computer as it can hold much more of a power horse. Laptops I'm okay with if I don't feel like sitting at my desk or doing casual browsing. I don't really enjoy tablets as much because I like the keyboard better.

16. Jerlene

Jerlene Seasoned Veteran Community Team

+70
    A desktop will always be my go to device. I've always loved desktops more than laptops.

17. The Monster In You

The Monster In You Resident

+88
    I disagree. Laptops (and desktops) will live on.

(also that tablets are only good for short-term use anyway)

18. edenwax

edenwax Reputable

+38
    I think that they've become more popular in the older generations due to their ease-of-use, accessibility and cost. When I was doing ISP tech support we had a lot of elderly people call in who had never really used a computer until they got their iPad/tablet.