Is This Strange Or Normal?

Discussion in 'Intellectual Talk' started by HamezSEO, Jan 4, 2019.

1. HamezSEO

HamezSEO The Helper

+157
    Is it normal or strange that my girlfriend wears a ring that her ex got her?

2. wallet

wallet New Arrival

+5
    It is not strange at all, I guess she still has feelings for her ex-boyfriend, why don't you buy her a ring to replace the old one?

• Like Like x 1
  3. HamezSEO

HamezSEO The Helper

+157
    I was thinking of doing that

4. Ash

Ash Seasoned Veteran Community Team

+373
    I guess it depends on why she's wearing it. If she likes the ring then it shouldn't be too weird. Like suggested above, maybe you could get a similar one so she can replace it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lucky!

Lucky! sudo rm -rf / Retired Admin

+602
    I don't think it's that strange, but if it bothers you or makes you uncomfortable, you could just inquire as to why she still wears it? You could just put a ring on it ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. HamezSEO

HamezSEO The Helper

+157
    Yeah I’ll speak to her, it’s her choice if she wears it but it’s not like a pair of trainers or some heels it’s jewellery and to me it sentimental. I’ve got a tattoo that matches my ex and it’s clear it annoys her but I’ve said I’ll sort it.

7. Jerlene

Jerlene Collecting FP$ Administrator

+623
    Hmm. Not strange but it would definitely bother me. My girlfriend had things from her ex-boyfriend. It made me feel uncomfortable. I told her about it. She got rid of it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Teg

Teg Package Team Member

+97
    I mean it’s kinda weird and if it makes you feel weird then it’s definitely weird. I could understand if said girlfriends ex passed away or something. That is a logical reason to wear something from an x. But, otherwise I pretty much Think it is weird. Maybe you should get her another one to represent you :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fiona1964

Fiona1964 Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+224
    I have a ring I got from my childhood sweet heart I dont wear it as it does not fit plus he died a few months after he gave it to me I even have all the gifts and letters he gave me but there kept in a small box dont think I could get rid of them

• Like Like x 1
  10. danthex

danthex GamingBoards.net King Community Team

+168
    Communication. Express your feelings towards the ring, with, or without, a new one. Although I'm sure many would argue, moderate jealousy is healthy and a normal defensive instinct.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Beerus

Beerus Acquaintance

+7
    If she wears it to remember him by, yes. If she simply wears it because she likes it then no harm.

I personally wouldn't wear anything from an ex though but that is just me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ATMD

ATMD New Arrival

+0
    "I’ve got a tattoo that matches my ex"

This could be why she's wearing the ring, to relate how she feels whenever she sees the tattoo.