Is Titanic too long?

tdbnz

Reputable
5 hours for a movie is to long

Short and sweet is the key

I. Seen the movie heaps of times it is a great movie but the same same every time the ship hits iceburg and sinks

I have a titanic model at home with lights it is amazing

tdbnz

Reputable
I'd love a model of the Titanic. Where'd you get it from?
Many years ago from the model shop here we paid a person to build it for us as it was very complex

We added lights to it our self and put in a glass case looks nice when I get home after the holidays I will share a picture with you of what it looks like

I'd love a model of the Titanic. Where'd you get it from?
Many years ago from the model shop here we paid a person to build it for us as it was very complex

We added lights to it our self and put in a glass case looks nice when I get home after the holidays I will share a picture with you of what it looks like
Please do! I'd love to see it.
Rather watch the Titanic film from 1997
That's the one I'm talking about.

Cammeh

Administrator
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Cookie Badge
I've always thought that the Titanic movie is a little bit more than three hours long as well. I've seen it a number of times, but I've mainly watched it when it's been broadcasted on TV. I know those haven't been five hours long, but I'm sure there's a few different versions. We actually have the old VHS box set somewhere at my house still.

Eussbig

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Mar 17, 2018
FP$
Yep, that's the one. It's 5 hours long. Never believe Wikipedia. Anyone can edit it. But Titanic was done in two parts. They needed two full VHS tapes to get the entire movie out.
I'm going to believe Wikipedia as much as I want because I'd rather have a constantly updating online encyclopedia that's heavily modded by a bunch of people constantly making sure the facts are right than a book that will get outdated in a couple of years.

Yep, that's the one. It's 5 hours long. Never believe Wikipedia. Anyone can edit it. But Titanic was done in two parts. They needed two full VHS tapes to get the entire movie out.
I'm going to believe Wikipedia as much as I want because I'd rather have a constantly updating online encyclopedia that's heavily modded by a bunch of people constantly making sure the facts are right than a book that will get outdated in a couple of years.
Not sure if you're trolling or not. Who constantly updates it with facts? Hardly anyone. Anyone can modify Wikipedia and put whatever they want. How is that a reliable source?

Weird since I always watched it an always been 3 hours 15mins! I'm confused
Yeah, that is weird. I don't know what version you're watching.

I've always thought that the Titanic movie is a little bit more than three hours long as well. I've seen it a number of times, but I've mainly watched it when it's been broadcasted on TV. I know those haven't been five hours long, but I'm sure there's a few different versions. We actually have the old VHS box set somewhere at my house still.
It was on television when I made this thread. Started at 11am and ended at 5pm. I cut an hour off for commercials though.

wallet

New Arrival
Dec 29, 2018
FP$
I would say that five hours movie is too long, but if the movie is good you don't feel it. Tell your girlfriend to watch it for an hour and if she will still not like the movie you give up, I am sure that after watching for an hour she will not want to stop watching it.

I would say that five hours movie is too long, but if the movie is good you don't feel it. Tell your girlfriend to watch it for an hour and if she will still not like the movie you give up, I am sure that after watching for an hour she will not want to stop watching it.
She's seen the movie in its entirety once and hated it. Sat through the whole thing though. But she just doesn't like it because the length and the fact that it's too sappy for her taste.

Eussbig

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Mar 17, 2018
FP$
Not sure if you're trolling or not. Who constantly updates it with facts? Hardly anyone. Anyone can modify Wikipedia and put whatever they want. How is that a reliable source?
There are MODERATORS on Wikipedia. So yes, it's very reliable. It wouldn't be if there were no moderators, but good thing there are. Not to mention some articles have hundreds of references at the bottom that lead to .edu and.gov sites if you're still not convinced they're reliable.
https://www.nature.com/articles/438900a
Also, Wikipedia has been examined before by multiple journalists who have discovered it's generally accurate.

B

Bryn

Huh... I thought the Lord Of The Rings movies were too long for one's viewing pleasure... three hours each if I recall correctly.