Just a rant

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by iMage, Apr 14, 2018.

1. iMage

iMage Graphic Designer

+27
    Good morning FP. Just gonna rant on here for a minute talking about some real life shit.

Well to start, i am a Chef at a PRISON that is near to where i live. I am Canadian.

where my problem is, is how much we cater to the criminals that reside at the prison for crimes ranging from DUI to murder. These scumbags have more rights in Canadian prisons then the guards or even the staff watching over them. They eat VERY WELL 3 times a day, plus canteen twice a week, and still bitch and whine about the food they are being served, wanting something else. Which is NOT up to me at all, Corrections Canada provides our 4 week rotating menu.

Makes be f**king sick that these guys that are incarcerated are treated better, and eat better, then our elderly living in retirement homes, that PAY to stay in said homes, sometimes over 3 grand a month.

I used to love cooking for others, and really still do, but i think i had better quit at the prison before i start to hate cooking for people maybe, i dunno.

Sorry for the rant y'all, just getting frusterated with work i guess hahah.

You wouldnt believe some of the other shit these guys get in there. In every cell they have a 21" flat screen TV, they have horses outside to groom and ride, raquetball courts, and have a steady supply of "legal drugs" that they get from HealthCare services.. I think i know what my retirement plan will be bahahahah

anyway, i dont blame ya if you didnt read this shit hahaha

have a great day y'all, i have to get ready for another day in the dungeon

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Ash

Ash Seasoned Veteran

+181
    It's disgusting really. There are people working every day of their lives but live in poor conditions but these twats get to live in luxury really when you consider what some of them have done. We could learn a thing or two from some third world countries regarding prisons.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. iMage

iMage Graphic Designer

+27
    I agree, i would love to see prisons going back to what they used to be in the 50s n shit. Where if they misbehave they get the firehose or something, and when they do go to prison they lose their rights. They sure didnt think about the rights of anyone else when they were commiting crimes

4. Jason76

Jason76 Packager Package Team

+252
    I beg to differ. Prison food isn't good that I know of. No offense. I mean, it's like school cafeteria food, but even worse.

But anyway, they asked for it! So do you think food is a big crime deterrent? I do!

5. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+1,692
    No comment

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Jason76

+252
    I don't think anyone wants to eat the school cafeteria food all the time - even if it's decent. That would be sort of like the view that hell is never having anything different, right? That's a normal way to feel I think.

And OK, the inmates made mistakes, but they're only human. Anyway, good food should be an incentive for better behavior there and also - some criminals deserve prison more than others (I mean, look how many are thrown in for marijuana laws.).

7. Kaynil

Kaynil Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+436
    I am not one to wish misery spread upon others but that comparison with the retirement places is something to really think about regarding the priorities of the government with its citizens.

I agree you need to change your work location, it seems this is something that has been slowly eating you away. You are not going to suddenly be fine with it and losing the drive to cook makes you very likely to harbour pesky bad habits out of apathy that become quite hard to eradicate later on, so try to find a place where you can feel happy with your cooking.

8. Jason76

+252
    Some bank people feel that way about disabled welfare recipients. Note how the employees mock them behind their back (even unprovoked). But the list goes on and on - a lot of people have become very hateful to what they see as parasites.

But then again, people aren't looking at the whole story. As you might say, "Don't judge a book by the cover.".

9. iMage

iMage Graphic Designer

+27
    I dont think all of the inmates are horrible people. But there ARE some that really go out of their way to make everyone around them as miserable as they are. We had a small riot in one of the pods with 47guys only (ya only lol) .. that is one Correctional Officer when shit went down. And as someone suggested above about me looking for new work, yes that is happening, but i wont quit a job without a new one to go to in this economy

10. Jason76

+252
    My guess is the pay is more considering the danger.