Karen?

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$
Well as a woman who is over the age of 50 I have to tell you that after a certain age we don't like to put up with stuff that people throw at us ;)

I'm not a Karen though and my daughter tried encouraging me to be one the other day but I'm just too bashful to even try.

Reactions: ZandraJoi

Empire

VIP Team Member
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
So much

Sad No Way GIF by TLC Europe

Reactions: Carlos X

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
Have any of you read the story behind the video in the OP?

What set her off was a racist comment against her when someone told her to go back to the mainland. It's really not okay to make racist comments to anyone and she went off like a lot of people do when they're discriminated against. It's just that she's white so people make fun of her.

ZandraJoi

Package Team Member
Package Team
Jun 11, 2020
Michigan
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
Have any of you read the story behind the video in the OP?

What set her off was a racist comment against her when someone told her to go back to the mainland. It's really not okay to make racist comments to anyone and she went off like a lot of people do when they're discriminated against. It's just that she's white so people make fun of her.

I don't approve of racism on BOTH sides! While I can understand her frustration, she went too far. She didn't educate others on racism but rather made herself be a laughingstock. I never say don't take crap, but there are other ways to handle a situation.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
I don't approve of racism on BOTH sides! While I can understand her frustration, she went too far. She didn't educate others on racism but rather made herself be a laughingstock. I never say don't take crap, but there are other ways to handle a situation.

In the article she mentions having PTSD and I know that plays a huge part in how people react to things.

• Agree

Jazzy

Resident
Oct 2, 2016
Vermont
www.yaketys.com
FP$
In the article she mentions having PTSD
She sure does, in this case it stands for Psycho Teacher Screaming Disfunctionalism

Quote below from the article. I also think if it hadn't gone viral, she would never have apologized. She needs to never work as a teacher again.
The video quickly went viral, and the fallout for Platt was fast. She was immediately fired from her job as a Kindergarten teacher.