LED Bulbs

Joshua Farrell

Administrator
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
offtopichub.com
FP$
How many of you use LED Lightbulbs in your house?

I have been slowly replacing light bulbs in my house with LEDs, due to old electrical. The first two I installed have been running for 5 years now, and havent died yet. :) The first 2 bulbs I got, were the GE 25,000 Hour bulbs. The first one I installed, was placed in the basement bathroom. The bulb color is the cool light one that imitates white daylight, and in the first year when people would go past the bathroom while the light was on, they kept wondering why it appeared as if the bathroom had allot of natural light shining in it. :D

A second one I had replaced, was a hallway light outside that bathroom.

I have replaced a little more than half of the bulbs in our house with LED's due to a number of electrical circuts burning out the regular bulbs faster than normal.

NeoMetallix

Acquaintance
Jul 13, 2017
FP$
Replaced them all with dollar store leds. They aren’t the brightest nor do they have the nice white color but equivalent to a 60w incandescent at only 9w and the price can’t be beat. I bought 15 for the price of a four pack elsewhere. Lol

Reactions: Lämmchen

Lämmchen

Addicted
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
We have LEDs in some areas of the house and they aren't lasting as long as I thought. What do you do with them when they burn out?

We have LEDs in some areas of the house and they aren't lasting as long as I thought. What do you do with them when they burn out?
And what you pay for is not cheap. At times for set of two or just one it's like £6 to £8

Joshua Farrell

Administrator
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
offtopichub.com
FP$
If they are the cheap variety, they do burn out quicker. Only other things I can think of, is either you have very bad wiring, or you are running them literally all day, which would mean they would burn out faster. :) They are rated by the number of hours they should work, and on the boxes, it mentions that if they should burn out far quicker than expected, then you can mail in for a replacement if it was because of an unorthodox reason, like good wiring, and yet it only worked for 3 months.