Solved Locking and archiving topics in Community Matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowmaven

i exploit & break into things
May 22, 2011
FP$
If they stop the discussions, we can't talk about things that are negative. It'll bite them in the ass when everyone leaves and there won't be anything thing to moderate lol

• Haha
Reactions: jenna appleseed

Ajay

I'm The Captain Now
Feb 23, 2011
FP$
If they stop the discussions, we can't talk about things that are negative. It'll bite them in the ass when everyone leaves and there won't be anything thing to moderate lol
Kinda sucks tbh. @Rick Ace promised to bring change... and yet he's locking topics and moving them. I wouldn't be shocked if the same happened with this.

Ajay

I'm The Captain Now
Feb 23, 2011
FP$
I suppose there was nothing being discussed in those threads that anyone up top wants to hear. It might not be what they are going for but it's how people are going to take it.
Yeah, but the whole purpose of this section of the forum is to hear out the community, even if they don't really "like" it.

Rick Ace

Seasoned Veteran
The two topics that you are referring to have topic titles that are not related to the discussion at hand. I also clearly detailed my reasoning here.

The original purpose of this topic was as follows:

there is no reason for Community Matters to be here. Either delete it or restrict it to staff posting, since the staff members are the only people who have any input whatsoever right now anyway.
There are currently no plans to delete Community Matters or restrict it to staff posting only. Instead, work will be done to improve communication within this forum. I have to agree that this part of the forum often looks like a whirlpool. So, work will have to be done on that part.

As the original topic has been discussed, it is time to mark this as solved. We generally want titles of the threads to be relevant to the actual content. I do see other discussions going on, but it would be better organized to have separate threads for those. Thanks.
I though Cam wanted only a technical admin not a controlling one. Opps.
There is absolutely no intention of preventing any discussion. I am merely asking everyone to use proper topic titles. I hope that isn't too much to ask?

At the end of the day, we're all in it together.

Ajay

I'm The Captain Now
Feb 23, 2011
FP$
There is absolutely no intention of preventing any discussion.
You sure about that? I've seen some odd things in the past few days like certain posts disappearing.
I am merely asking everyone to use proper topic titles. I hope that isn't too much to ask?
I'd say this topic has the correct title and I'm looking for more insight on what's causing some threads to be locked or archived without much of a discussion.

Bluezone777

Dinner Team Leader
Sep 5, 2008
SW Florida
FP$
I imagine he(Rick) will go on about how those topics weren't "on topic" anymore hence why he shut them down. He will expect us to make new topics with the topics that were being discussed in those other topics but watch those get shut down quickly as well if you do that.

I seen this story play out elsewhere and the end result was either a 404 error message or an offline message. I suppose they want to see that play out for themselves. Funny that a forum about forum management among other things would be run by people who seem ill equipped to manage a forum themselves.

Note: I was writing this before Rick posted.

Ajay

I'm The Captain Now
Feb 23, 2011
FP$
I imagine he(Rick) will go on about how those topics weren't "on topic" anymore hence why he shut them down. He will expect us to make new topics with the topics that were being discussed in those other topics but watch those get shut down quickly as well if you do that.

I seen this story play out elsewhere and the end result was either a 404 error message or an offline message. I suppose they want to see that play out for themselves. Funny that a forum about forum management among other things would be run by people who seem ill equipped to manage a forum themselves.

Note: I was writing this before Rick posted.
I wouldn't be shocked either. Once upon a time, they were open to hearing other perspectives, but now they just want to silence them.

Cosmic

Manners maketh man
Jul 5, 2009
FP$
Definitely topics should be kept open, though if the original concerns about censorship are actually addressed going forward, all should be okay. That's what I want to see out of those topics.

Overlord.png

Rick Ace

Seasoned Veteran
Ajay, you are not the thread owner. If @Princess MeowsePad has a complaint against me, he is free to complain about me to Cameron.

You were also not prevented from starting a topic about your own thread ban.

Make sure that your post contributes positively to the topic at hand.
The guidelines still ask discussions to contribute to the topic at hand. The topics that were archived started out with a different discussion and ended with another. That is not how organized forums work.

This is being locked as it is not Ajay's thread that was locked to discuss. It is a matter for Princess MeowsePad.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ajay

Ajay

I'm The Captain Now
Feb 23, 2011
FP$

Bluezone777

Dinner Team Leader
Sep 5, 2008
SW Florida
FP$
It looks to me that Rick was hired to discourage posting in feedback while giving the look that he isn't actually doing that as that was his interest the last time he was staff on here and he has taken up the job once again it seems. I guess to administration, the only problem they have is that people post in this forum still hence why he was the only one hired.

They must really believe they know better than everyone else and know more than everyone else to be doing this. As the saying goes, pride comes before a fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.