Solved Look at your ACP's Spam Section and get this locked down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos X

Addicted
I've been here for years, I've NEVER seen a PM spam. Holy shit. A woman asking like... "what's yer a/s/l?" Like, she desperate. Lol. Let me get the screencap here in a sec. I reported it though, but shits funny...

[Nevermind the PM image, seems like @Ozzy47 cleaned it up.]

Anyway, @Cam! get into your ACP and start putting API's to stop this spam.. AT THE DOOR. This spam is getting through because there is no spam mitigation enabled.

I'll tag @Malcolm here too.

Carlos X

Addicted
It’s being worked on. Some individual or individuals have targeted us and h as be been doing this for a bit now.
Yeah. Though, @Cam! should've put some attention to the spam mitigation system long time ago. In ACP, you can get API's enabled for StopForumSpam (SFS), honeypot, and others. What it does is scans for IP address and links it to suspected forum sources. I almost never get spam on my board(s), only a few.

Carlos X

Addicted
Those are not going to help much in this case. It is a human(s) doing this, using a IP pool to register and send PM spam.
I know, but you'd have to be administrator to understand what I mean. I know these are human spammers, but its easier to have something to mitigate the spam.

Once you spam-clean the member (which i think is what you just did), tell the admin to put them into banned group, account discourage, IP DIscourage, and IP Ban. All this in addition to the aforementioned spam mitigation. It goes away eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.