mindsConnected

Discussion in 'Technology & Business' started by The Monster In You, Jun 14, 2018.

1. The Monster In You

The Monster In You Resident

+88
    Site Name: mindsConnected
    URL: https://mindsconnect.jcink.net
    Type:
    Forum
    Site Info: The next-generation tech forum, based on an idea I had in mind since three years ago and serves as the spiritual successor to The Lightweb. We hold many discussions from Windows to Linux, and also hardware too. Other electronics and even vintage stuff can be talked about also, and we have an off-topic section too. The forum had only opened last week and since then, it's had a good start stats-wise. We are looking for more like-minded people to join out community and hopefully over time, it can flourish. Whoever or whatever you are, I look forward seeing you :)

Also, no adult content here. Why would there be anyway? :O

2. ScaryFreddy

ScaryFreddy Paragon

+348
    Gotta admit you did a great Job.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Monster In You

+88
    I sure have :smug: Thanks for the feedback friend :)

4. The Monster In You

+88
    An update, because why not?

We now have over 500 posts and 20 members but most importantly, a brand new theme is made by my deputy admin which is the "Minimal" skin, which was initially ported from the Minimal Dark one seen at TLW but now looking more polished. Check it out :)

5. The Monster In You

+88
    Since last time, more work has been done to the community such as improvements to the "Minimal" skin and best of all: HTTPS is now fully enabled. Also, 30 members and just over a thousand posts now :)

6. David S

David S Packager

+369
    Good luck with the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Monster In You

+88
    Thanks very much :)

8. The Monster In You

+88
    Next update... but I have bad news to declare even though it happened days ago. TuneableSumo876, who was my loyal co-admin, had suddenly left our side for personal reasons and to make matters worse, he took the Minimal theme with him, to the outcry of some members that enjoyed using it. To compensate, two new dark themes have been added that you can check out.

The good thing is, we have new staff employed and best of all, multiquote has finally been added. Stats-wise now, 34 members and past the 1500 posts mark. And some more interesting threads to have a peek at and maybe take part in the discussion too. Happy days :)

9. The Monster In You

+88
    Time for an update... we now have 37 members and just over 1,800 posts. A slow increase but it's better than nothing. What I should also mention is that we have two new sections: one dedicated to science and mathematics and another called "Links Of Interest", in where people can tell others about interesting/informative sites they've found, which is a subsection of The Wonderful Wide Web. Also worth noting is that two new dark skins take Minimal's place (Retro Tech and Hybrix Neon) although, Minimal is likely to make a return as TS happened to have saved it all as an XML but right now, I'm unable to import it back in (as it needs a slight fix, which I never got round doing).

And, if I may, I'll provide some interesting discussions that hopefully can reel more people in:
    :)

10. Jerlene

Jerlene Seasoned Veteran Moderators

+87
    I'm a member on there and it's actually a really pleasant forum. Good luck with it!

• Like Like x 1
  11. The Monster In You

+88
    Thank you very much :)