• Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bryn

Site Name: mindsConnected
URL: https://mindsconnect.jcink.net
Type:
Forum
Site Info: The next-generation tech forum, based on an idea I had in mind since three years ago and serves as the spiritual successor to The Lightweb. We hold many discussions from Windows to Linux, and also hardware too. Other electronics and even vintage stuff can be talked about also, and we have an off-topic section too. The forum had only opened last week and since then, it's had a good start stats-wise. We are looking for more like-minded people to join out community and hopefully over time, it can flourish. Whoever or whatever you are, I look forward seeing you :)

Also, no adult content here. Why would there be anyway? :O

B

Bryn

An update, because why not?

We now have over 500 posts and 20 members but most importantly, a brand new theme is made by my deputy admin which is the "Minimal" skin, which was initially ported from the Minimal Dark one seen at TLW but now looking more polished. Check it out :)

B

Bryn

Since last time, more work has been done to the community such as improvements to the "Minimal" skin and best of all: HTTPS is now fully enabled. Also, 30 members and just over a thousand posts now :)

B

Bryn

Next update... but I have bad news to declare even though it happened days ago. TuneableSumo876, who was my loyal co-admin, had suddenly left our side for personal reasons and to make matters worse, he took the Minimal theme with him, to the outcry of some members that enjoyed using it. To compensate, two new dark themes have been added that you can check out.

The good thing is, we have new staff employed and best of all, multiquote has finally been added. Stats-wise now, 34 members and past the 1500 posts mark. And some more interesting threads to have a peek at and maybe take part in the discussion too. Happy days :)

B

Bryn

Time for an update... we now have 37 members and just over 1,800 posts. A slow increase but it's better than nothing. What I should also mention is that we have two new sections: one dedicated to science and mathematics and another called "Links Of Interest", in where people can tell others about interesting/informative sites they've found, which is a subsection of The Wonderful Wide Web. Also worth noting is that two new dark skins take Minimal's place (Retro Tech and Hybrix Neon) although, Minimal is likely to make a return as TS happened to have saved it all as an XML but right now, I'm unable to import it back in (as it needs a slight fix, which I never got round doing).

And, if I may, I'll provide some interesting discussions that hopefully can reel more people in:
:)

B

Bryn

Our members have made a total of 2,452 posts
We have 39 registered members
The newest member is Cory

Just a little update on the stats.

B

Bryn

As mentioned in a thread of its own, we have a new default theme set by the name of "Minimal", that was the creation of one of my valued members. Come check it out :)

B

Bryn

There had been a slight change to the default skin in where, extra coding was done to it and it was a joint effort between TS and Cory. It was rather complex but I'll try to explain it... apparently, when either variant of it was chosen via "localStorage", the setting was tied to the browser used and not the user. This was done through use of an extra profile field for all existing members where the settings are defined as this:
  • false = Dark variant
  • true = Light variant
Although during this change, it caused the "Switch theme variant" button to not work even for guests so unfortunately, it's now disabled for them. They're going to have to stick to the Light variant unless they sign up (but I don't suppose that would be a problem to anyone, lawl).

On lighter news though, we have a new staff member, taking over from another who has stepped down to focus more on an important aspect of life. His name is nick99nack by the way, and was a dedicated to both here and The Lightweb ;) And one more thing, the stats... 2,774 posts and 42 members :)

B

Bryn

No, because since I've killed off The Lightweb months ago, I don't like managing a general community forum anymore. Too much of a hassle and, it gave me of what I call "general community sickness". That even struck me when I had RX Community many many years back.

However, I did think about setting up a photography-based forum at one point but, seeing as there's a new place called F Stomp, there's no need now. Plus, you should really stick to the one forum to manage with any. No further commitments.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bryn

A new week, and new updates.

Our members have made a total of 2,963 posts
We have 44 registered members
The newest member is iMacg3

But more importantly, more changes to the new default skin used. My trusty developer has managed to implement the Gravatar API into it which means, any one without their own avatar gets a nice shape design, and this also includes future members that sign up. Also, avatars have a circular border now :)

And yeah, we're close to two important milestones of member and post count. Could these be reached before the end of the month? :eek:

Oh, and one more thing... we now have a dedicated Twitter to help with the exposure and stuff. Follow to your heart's desire :D

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bryn

Few more things now... we've reached just over 3k posts, and more improvements done to the default skin. Also, new favicon but here's a quirk... there is a different one for each skin available ;)

B

Bryn

Fourth bump... as we now have 3,623 posts as of this writing but still at 45 members, since last month. However, I have added a new forum section dedicated to vehicles and transport. Also, the "Gaming" forum section is now moved to the "Other Tech Stuff" category because in a way, gaming is a form of tech (when it comes to gaming hardware and all that, not just on the software aspect).

So, if you like tech but also gaming, science and maybe cars also, then this place is for you :)

B

Bryn

Our members have made a total of 4,073 posts
We have 50 registered members
The newest member is KAGE-008

Other than the stats update, I've also reorganised the forum sections a bit, and made some members only (such as the intros section, which will appear magically when anybody new comes in).