• Hello Guest, we are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with our email system. Please expect a delay in email delivery.

Monetization for a small forum

tdbnz

Resident
FP$
Hi Everyone

Does any one have any good ideas how to Monetize a small forum.

I wanting to be able to cover server costs and put back into forum for upgrades etc

PS: No Google Adsense

Any advice appreciated

Dotgician

Up-and-Coming Sensation
FP$
You could make aftermarket computer parts store into the forum... Either do dropship parts or have a sell forum where members can buy and sell their parts pay were listing or commission..

Get a fan base sell printful of TechLand gear on it. (their laptop cases are nice.)

ProfitPixels

Familiar Face
FP$
Technology Forum - Tech Land
Hmm... try to connect with e-commerce affiliate networks and promote some offers close to tech. It may be VPN services, antiviruses or something more serious like drones, phones, or something like that.
Anyway, I hope that you will be able to find the right way of monetization! :)
GL!

Xyphien

Addicted
A small forum you're probably better off with account upgrades, and paid banner ads that you do manually. Any sort of adsense you're not going to make all that much. For reference I was making about $100 every 1 - 2 months off of 500k-1.5 million views a month when my site was at it's peak. Meaning, any small site will take over a year to accumulate $100 which is the payout threshold.

Allan

Paragon
I do direct sales on my forum, I sent out an email explaining the ad positions and asked if anyone was interested. I have some takers and the one member has been purchasing banners ads for a couple of years now.