Monetizing my blog...?

Pennywise

Madly Diligent
Apr 17, 2013
Behind you!
FP$
I have a blog on WordPress (sorry, not trying to advertise here). When I log into my blog, they have asked me if I want to monetize my blog. I've thought about doing it but I haven't decided yet or not if I want to do it. What would be a good way to monetize a literature based blog?

The local bookstore in my town has a website. On their website, you can have a banner on your blog and if someone goes to their website and purchases something, then you get to earn a percentage. I've wondered about doing that but I wondered it if was worth it or not.

Talk Mental Health

ProfitPixels

Acquaintance
Jun 7, 2019
FP$
I have a blog on WordPress (sorry, not trying to advertise here). When I log into my blog, they have asked me if I want to monetize my blog. I've thought about doing it but I haven't decided yet or not if I want to do it. What would be a good way to monetize a literature based blog?

The local bookstore in my town has a website. On their website, you can have a banner on your blog and if someone goes to their website and purchases something, then you get to earn a percentage. I've wondered about doing that but I wondered it if was worth it or not.
Hey Pennywise!
Take a look at some affiliate networks with books/e-books related offers. You can start working with them getting %commission from sales or like that. It may be subscriptions to apps (for example, it may be smth like e-library where ppl can buy a subscription to get access to e-books, or it can lead just for one particular e-book and you will gain your commission from every sale)
Try to dig in this direction - affiliate marketing can work for you I think

Reactions: Pennywise

Cumulus

Marketing Team Leader 📊
Marketing Team
Oct 8, 2020
UK
FP$
Thank You Badge
Affiliate marketing is good, so too is physical advertisements. Using a vendor like AdSense (if you meet the eligibility) can typically be an alright stream, coupled with some self served ads -- talking to companies, individuals and sellers who might be interested in your niche. BuySellAds is quite a good site for this.

Best of luck with your monetization :)

Pennywise

Madly Diligent
Apr 17, 2013
Behind you!
FP$
Options:

- Some places like Books-a-million, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, etc., they have affiliate programs where you can make money. If you review a book and then someone goes to Books-a-million, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, etc. to purchase that book directly from your blog, then that company pays you a commission.
- Sell ad space on my blog.
- Offer premium content on my blog and can pay to subscribe to my blog to get this extra content.

These 3 things....I'm looking into these options on my blog. What do you guys think?

Shivay

New Arrival
Feb 7, 2021
FP$
Options:

- Some places like Books-a-million, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, etc., they have affiliate programs where you can make money. If you review a book and then someone goes to Books-a-million, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, etc. to purchase that book directly from your blog, then that company pays you a commission.
- Sell ad space on my blog.
- Offer premium content on my blog and can pay to subscribe to my blog to get this extra content.

These 3 things....I'm looking into these options on my blog. What do you guys think?
Yeah absolutely , you have mentioned every detailed information.

unhappy triad

New Arrival
Feb 7, 2021
FP$

If you are in for the money, then you should

Xyphien

Resident
Jul 25, 2012
www.Xyphien.com
FP$
Reach out to companies prior to a blog post, and tell them you're writing an article that's based around their product. See if they're willing to pay you for some promotion, then you can throw them in as an 'example' or write an entire article around their product that also applies to your audience.

An example are top 5 hosting companies. A lot of times a blog will do this, and actually be paid by a specific hosting company to put theirs first, the entire post will be mostly based around promoting how amazing the number 1 hosting is, and all the others will be used as a reference to essentially say these are alright, but compared to number 1 they're not the best. This brings in a lot of traffic for the host site, and also brings in a lot of traffic for the individual who paid them to be first. Never be afraid to reach out and talk with people/companies and see if they'd be willing to pay you for promotion.