Monetizing my blog...?

Pennywise

Madly Diligent
Apr 17, 2013
Behind you!
FP$
I have a blog on WordPress (sorry, not trying to advertise here). When I log into my blog, they have asked me if I want to monetize my blog. I've thought about doing it but I haven't decided yet or not if I want to do it. What would be a good way to monetize a literature based blog?

The local bookstore in my town has a website. On their website, you can have a banner on your blog and if someone goes to their website and purchases something, then you get to earn a percentage. I've wondered about doing that but I wondered it if was worth it or not.

ProfitPixels

New Arrival
Jun 7, 2019
FP$
I have a blog on WordPress (sorry, not trying to advertise here). When I log into my blog, they have asked me if I want to monetize my blog. I've thought about doing it but I haven't decided yet or not if I want to do it. What would be a good way to monetize a literature based blog?

The local bookstore in my town has a website. On their website, you can have a banner on your blog and if someone goes to their website and purchases something, then you get to earn a percentage. I've wondered about doing that but I wondered it if was worth it or not.
Hey Pennywise!
Take a look at some affiliate networks with books/e-books related offers. You can start working with them getting %commission from sales or like that. It may be subscriptions to apps (for example, it may be smth like e-library where ppl can buy a subscription to get access to e-books, or it can lead just for one particular e-book and you will gain your commission from every sale)
Try to dig in this direction - affiliate marketing can work for you I think

Reactions: Pennywise

Cumulus

Familiar Face
Oct 8, 2020
FP$
Affiliate marketing is good, so too is physical advertisements. Using a vendor like AdSense (if you meet the eligibility) can typically be an alright stream, coupled with some self served ads -- talking to companies, individuals and sellers who might be interested in your niche. BuySellAds is quite a good site for this.

Best of luck with your monetization :)

Reactions: Pennywise