Most topics created by staff when forum is new

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$
I think that when a forum is new that we see that most of the topics created are by staff members and usually the owner who wants to get conversations going. Does it bother you to see the same name over and over when you look down the list of New Posts or are you more interested in what the content is within those topics?

Talk Mental Health

Empire

VIP Team Member
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
It's always the case when a new forum is open, or the same person makes more accounts and post with them. End of the day as a owner, like we most do that we get to hire people to join and post, Having so much staff posting around makes it look bad and puts people off.

Matthew

#MasksSaveLives
Jun 28, 2010
FP$
If the content is quality (not this or that type threads), I'm fine with it being staff dominated. I'd rather have content to get involved with than no content at all. As a follow up, what would you prefer: the above mentioned scenario or day/week/month old content that was paid/populated with no sight of those paid users returning?

ZandraJoi

Package Team Member
Package Team
Jun 11, 2020
Michigan
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
New forums need to be populated by the admin esp. if nobody else is around. I created my forum to discuss, share ideas, learn & grow together. But majority of my members are not into holistic. They were the “I join yours you join mine”. I appreciate having members, not trying to complain. Just would like to talk to others who are into these same issues.
I’ve been on some new forums but if the admin is not around often & members have more posts, then I delete my account.

Empire

VIP Team Member
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
The most thing that social media kill forums, end of the day they can help allot. Where else you going to get your name out there and get traffic from, Hell I send out little rss feeds out to twitter and if you use the right hashtag you get something back, like me I get nothing back :p

BurnsyCEO

New Arrival
Mar 29, 2018
FP$
It's perfectly life when admins do it when a forum is new but If it is only the admins posting the majority of threads it's pretty sad.

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
I think that when a forum is new that we see that most of the topics created are by staff members and usually the owner who wants to get conversations going. Does it bother you to see the same name over and over when you look down the list of New Posts or are you more interested in what the content is within those topics?
I believe that when there is a new forum. The owner and staff need to make new topics to show rally their new members into wanting to post. But I think the older the forum gets, then it's better when you see the members posting and being active. It's not always a good thing when you see a staff member spamming up their own forum in a desperate attempt to make new content when they can't even bring in new and active members. However, I think the best communities are the ones where everyone is making new posts and topics on a day to day, or week to week basis.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$
I believe that when there is a new forum. The owner and staff need to make new topics to show rally their new members into wanting to post. But I think the older the forum gets, then it's better when you see the members posting and being active. It's not always a good thing when you see a staff member spamming up their own forum in a desperate attempt to make new content when they can't even bring in new and active members. However, I think the best communities are the ones where everyone is making new posts and topics on a day to day, or week to week basis.

In a perfect world we would have members making all the new threads but that doesn't always happen. On Christianity Haven I have members who have been around since the opening of the site and still don't feel like creating new threads but they will reply to ones that I create.