Moved from shared hosting to VPS

I migrated my website Kodi Beginner from shared hosting to VPS.
The reason was that I have a lot of traffic and when I used shared hosting the website was slow and I had sometimes downtimes.
Now the website is working fast and it can serve many visitors concurrently :smuggrin:

TopSilver

Resident
FP$
Congrats on the VPS migration. I also use a VPS for my site. I actually just recently paid for more hosting time just this morning coincidentally. You actually can get really good deals if you use a free control panel like virtualmin/webmin. That's what I personally do. I find it just the same if not better then cPanel.

That's awesome! Congrats on the big move. What hosting company are you getting your VPS from, and is it managed or unmanaged?

I am using HostGator. I have a complete control over the server including root account, but HostGator is responsible for the security of the server.

Congrats on the VPS migration. I also use a VPS for my site. I actually just recently paid for more hosting time just this morning coincidentally. You actually can get really good deals if you use a free control panel like virtualmin/webmin. That's what I personally do. I find it just the same if not better then cPanel.

Actually I pay 10 USD per month for cPanel on my VPS because I like it a lot and need it.
I will try the free solution and see if I like it, thanks for the tip!