Music Videos?

Jason76

Madly Diligent
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
I think they're silly and dumb - and they force images into your mind. I think music should be like a book - where you have your own images.

Anyway, music videos aren't of much popularity since the 90s - but maybe people see many on YouTube.

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
They've gotten better about it. Most band members or singers are now lip syncing with their songs into the camera or singing and acting out the story of the song. However, I agree that there are some bad music videos that should have never been made. If you've ever watched "Beavis and Butthead" back in the 90's, they sit there and make fun of music videos during the episode.

Jason76

Madly Diligent
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
Music videos seem silly now. They seem to be a relic from a time when they were an exotic novelty. Nonetheless, the hip-hip videos now are the exception and quite interesting and thought out.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$
I was around when MTV first came out and music videos was our constant source of entertainment. We didn't have the internet. Some of us just got cable around that time too and getting the movie channels was really costly. So MTV and music videos became our big thing back in the 80s! We were able to listen to music and then take it to a new level by watching a video that mostly related to the song, in fact enhancing the music itself.

I don't watch as many music videos anymore because I'm not sure that any modern ones could compare to the oldies ;)

Reactions: ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Package Team Member
Package Team
Jun 11, 2020
Michigan
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
I was around when MTV first came out and music videos was our constant source of entertainment. We didn't have the internet. Some of us just got cable around that time too and getting the movie channels was really costly. So MTV and music videos became our big thing back in the 80s! We were able to listen to music and then take it to a new level by watching a video that mostly related to the song, in fact enhancing the music itself.

I don't watch as many music videos anymore because I'm not sure that any modern ones could compare to the oldies ;)
We didn't have internet & our computer was a black & white that only played Tetris lol We didn't have cable either & it was 'so cool' that my friend did & we could watch MTV's music videos. Music videos for us were 'the thing' LOL

Reactions: Lämmchen