Resident
FP$
myforumcafe_logo2.png

Site Name: MyForumCafe Community Forums
URL: https://myforumcafe.com
Type:
Forum
Site Info:

Hey guys Brad here wanting to share my site MyForumCafe with you. It's basically a general discussion forums but the type of topics we have vary giving us a broader and more wider range of ideas and topics to post about. We recently changed domain names from my old site Mind Piff and Cafe Discussions. I found one of the best and most fitting domains I could ever find on expireddomains.net and decided on changing the domain from Cafe Discussions to MyForumCafe.com. No progress was lost and the site was simply migrated with redirects on the old one.

We are using Xenforo 2, the same software forum promotion uses. I am also using my MostEverOnline add-on I created myself to show the Most Users Ever Online at once as well we are using Pixel Exit at the moment of posting this but that may be subject to change and could possibly go back to UI.X dependent on user input and what the users like. There is also a moon icon on the light style and and a light bulb icon on the dark style in the header for easy alternating as there is also a dark theme. We some good add-ons too including one that is very good at keeping bots off the site the @Ozzy47 made. Shout outs to him. Also customized the node icons with custom premium FlatIcon.com icons.

But aside from the theme we have topics ranging from gaming all the way to politics, religion, movies, music, web technology, programming, and even paranormal and aliens. It's basically a very wide range.

Interested in hearing what you guys think. Thanks for having me :D

Last edited:

TopSilver

Resident
FP$
Very cool website. Will definitely check it out.

Hey thank you. We recently stopped using our custom theme and switched to Dohthemes style nubia light and nubia dark. I hope you will come check us out! :D A lot of people are saying they like the new theme

Aaron

Legendary Typer
FP$
Cookie Badge
I signed up :D

TopSilver

Resident
FP$
I signed up :D

Thanks yes I noticed you did. I appreciate you signing up. I look to take the site a long ways. I don't think I will ever take it down. I look forward to getting this going.

TopSilver

Resident
FP$
Hey guys we had about 18 hours offline time so I could upgrade the site from 2.0.12 to -> 2.1.1

It was a medium version upgrade and involved re-doing the font awesome icons plus importing our content ratings add-on to built in reactions. We also just starting using "reactions plus", an add-on by themehouse.

I'm glad you guys like the theme. Personally I love it. Am excited to see what the future holds for Mind Piff. If you'd like to sign up we would love to have you. Also I don't suppose we'll ever be offline for long again. This involved having to re-do all the font awesome icons since it was a font awesome 5 update. Now with Xenforo 2.1.1 having one-click upgrades it shouldn't ever happen again. Thank you for your interest in the site. I really appreciate any feedback you guys want to give as well. It's all valued. ~TopSilver

overcast

Package Team Member
Package Team
I like the forum vibes. But do find a good theme to be honest this looks bland and nothing attractive about it. Also too many categories and too less threads. Start some debate threads and get people to argue there. So that it can keep some activity.

TopSilver

Resident
FP$
I like the forum vibes. But do find a good theme to be honest this looks bland and nothing attractive about it. Also too many categories and too less threads. Start some debate threads and get people to argue there. So that it can keep some activity.

I don't appreciate your remarks, the forum is only 9 months old. You seem to contradict yourself in your statement "I like the forum vibes and nothing attractive about it". The theme is also brand new as well. If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all

For 9 months 1,800 posts in the forum isn't bad at all. It's not that I don't want feedback just don't like the way you didn't provide any reasoning and it seems a bit off for me

Last edited:

overcast

Package Team Member
Package Team
I like vibes as in discussions over there. The theme remark was regarding the choice of colors. I don't know why you all worked up about it. I don't know why you have to quantify words to such extent that you think I am being negative. Jeez. Just my 2 cents.

D

Deleted member 43584

Great looking forums. Very professional and slick. Also the owner seems like a decent guy. Keep it up!

TopSilver

Resident
FP$
I like vibes as in discussions over there. The theme remark was regarding the choice of colors. I don't know why you all worked up about it. I don't know why you have to quantify words to such extent that you think I am being negative. Jeez. Just my 2 cents.

It's quite alright. I'm not worked up about anything just didn't understand why you never gave a reason for your comment. I do appreciate feedback it's just that in all seriousness feedback that doesn't have any means of description in what it suggests doesn't seem appropriate. The choice of color was just recent. I used to have a green custom style I made. Anyways I liked your post because that post made sense to me. I like the colors myself. But thanks.

Great looking forums. Very professional and slick. Also the owner seems like a decent guy. Keep it up!

Thanks @JoyFreak I appreciate it

TopSilver

Resident
FP$
Hey guys, our traffic is increasing a lot recently compared to before. We are nearing 2,200 posts as of now and our activity is starting to increase. In my opinion that's a huge step in being a successful website. I'm excited about how many posts we've obtained so far. Let me know what your thoughts are. Thank you :D

Last edited:

TopSilver

Resident
FP$
Hey guys, after 10 months of being offline I have restored Mind Piff and placed it back online.

Were seeing much better guest traffic now that I've released it back. More than double what we were before I took it down. I hope to take this far and grow the community into something bigger. Anyone who wants is welcome to sign up.

Thank you ~ TopSilver

Last edited:

TopSilver

Resident
FP$
Status update~

Threads: 687
Members: 166
Latest Member: Juneberry

Come check us out. Anyone is welcome to join. We'd love to have you.

TopSilver

Resident
FP$
Personally I really like your forum, it's very well laid out, very nice theme and such a great friendly community.

Thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate you posting on my site. I'm also enjoying your community as well. I will match you for whatever you post so feel free to come back. Consider our partnership official.