Namecheap vs KnownHost vs Other Host?

I currently have KnownHost's Shared-1 Plan though I keep flip flopping between that and their Shared-2 Plan. It is set to renew early July so I was looking at my options.

I could renew what I have for another year (I do yearly) OR I could go with another host. I was looking at Namecheap because coincidentally I was registering another domain for a project I'm working on. So, I looked at their shared hosting and I can get their Stellar Plus plan or even the Stellar Business plan for a year for cheaper than renewing KnownHost's plan. Namecheap's Plans are here: https://www.namecheap.com/hosting/shared/

Also, don't understand why business is the 'best' when Stellar Plus is unmetered everything?

Then I got to thinking, maybe there is a host out there where I could get 2 or 3 year hosting for the same price as Namecheap or maybe even cheaper.

What do you guys think? Should I go with Namecheap, stick with Knownhost or go with a different hosting provider?

D

Deleted member 8254

If everything works well for you in KnownHost then it is better to stick with it. Please don’t fall for some cheap tricks

knownhost is known for web hosting and great service, I always keep my domains names and website at different providers. NameCheap is great for domains but I would never use then for hosting. I personally use and have been with these people for 2-3 years now. http://BuyShared.net - I pay $20 a year for a reseller account.

good luck
Yeah, that's what they say but 50 SSL Certificates, a free .website domain and unmetered hosting is hard to beat.
Though only $15/year from BuyShared.net for their most expensive shared hosting is hard to beat as well....

Edit/Update: now it is saying it is out of stock of that hosting. How can you be out of stock of hosting?! Yeah... that turns me off of them.

If everything works well for you in KnownHost then it is better to stick with it. Please don’t fall for some cheap tricks
I don't understand how any of what I am seeing on Namecheap is a cheap trick?

D

Deleted member 8254

The cheap trick is a common tactics used by hosting to attract users. The first year will be cheap with Namecheap and the second year the price will shoot up. I am in no way against Namecheap but it is just my general opinion.

I had the same experience, my current host was good and i saw another host offering better features for less price (a reputable company) and i moved. But it was a bad choice and I suffered

The cheap trick is a common tactics used by hosting to attract users. The first year will be cheap with Namecheap and the second year the price will shoot up. I am in no way against Namecheap but it is just my general opinion.

I had the same experience, my current host was good and i saw another host offering better features for less price (a reputable company) and i moved. But it was a bad choice and I suffered
I see what you mean but I could switch again next year. Nothing stopping me from switching back and forth to get the best deals.

Reactions: Deleted member 8254
D

Deleted member 8254

Yes you can switch back, but switching back and forth you need to move your blog or forum entirely again. Second time migration won’t be done by many hosts.

Uptime, loading of website, etc will change again (but I don’t know whether it affects in terms of SEO)