Need some advice on which route to go for my forum

Dotgician

Reputable
Feb 9, 2020
FP$
Need some advice on which route to go for my forum Bizdustry.com

I would like to push this forum into a specific niche like eCommerce online business.

I try to keep the threads kind of close to each other so I don’t end up having so many empty threads showing.

What threads should I add or change
Is there any threads I should remove?

Update 2
Question should this be compelete private community? Sign in is required to join and you cant be tracked on Google?

Last edited:
Reactions: bomb

Lämmchen

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$

I would like to push this forum into a specific niche like eCommerce online business.

I try to keep the threads kind of close to each other so I don’t end up having so many empty threads showing.

Why would you want to remove any threads when the forum is still trying to grow?

Dotgician

Reputable
Feb 9, 2020
FP$
I’m not just asking for advice if a thread doesn’t belong or something

bomb

Reputable
Jun 19, 2017
www.comradepower.com
FP$

Update 2
Question should this be compelete private community? Sign in is required to join and you cant be tracked on Google?
Congratulations bro. This is a good forum. I had such an idea back in 2017...but well...life happened :)

My 2 cents:

FOR
  • Forum looks neat, professional, and good for your target market.
  • Easy to navigate through.
  • The live Bitcoin and stock market thing is a killer (you will show me how to add that :) )
  • You seem to be passionate about the niche, that is a plus.
  • Very nice articles under the Tutorials blog section. Quality, easy to read, and very informative.
AGAINST & My Recommendations.
  • The domain name "bizdustry" requires a little bit more branding/marketing, to make it slide easily from the tongue. It is a new/unique combination. Doesn't sound forumish, but its ok, with little branding efforts.
  • You mentioned you are targeting a certain niche. Are you doing keyword research?
  • Your discussions are spread over more than 5 niches.
  • Add some photos to the articles they look dull.
  • When I click on the blog link, I want to see articles/blog posts, not threads.
  • Nice articles are hidden 2 levels deep - under tutorial. Use the free Featured Thread slider addon to bring the article on the homepage. Like FP does here.
  • I will refer you to your article: https://bizdustry.com/index.php?threads/articles-both-long-and-short.443/ - Write longer attractive articles, do thorough keyword research for your target audience.
  • This niche requires professional content, so as to attract professionals who have valid input.
  • DONT make it private. At least not now.
Overall, I love the board. I will borrow a lot from the board for my business board. Which has been dead for a while now :)

Reactions: Dotgician

Dotgician

Reputable
Feb 9, 2020
FP$
Congratulations bro. This is a good forum. I had such an idea back in 2017...but well...life happened :)

My 2 cents:

FOR
  • Forum looks neat, professional, and good for your target market.
  • Easy to navigate through.
  • The live Bitcoin and stock market thing is a killer (you will show me how to add that :) )
  • You seem to be passionate about the niche, that is a plus.
  • Very nice articles under the Tutorials blog section. Quality, easy to read, and very informative.
AGAINST & My Recommendations.
  • The domain name "bizdustry" requires a little bit more branding/marketing, to make it slide easily from the tongue. It is a new/unique combination. Doesn't sound forumish, but its ok, with little branding efforts.
  • You mentioned you are targeting a certain niche. Are you doing keyword research?
  • Your discussions are spread over more than 5 niches.
  • Add some photos to the articles they look dull.
  • When I click on the blog link, I want to see articles/blog posts, not threads.
  • Nice articles are hidden 2 levels deep - under tutorial. Use the free Featured Thread slider addon to bring the article on the homepage. Like FP does here.
  • I will refer you to your article: https://bizdustry.com/index.php?threads/articles-both-long-and-short.443/ - Write longer attractive articles, do thorough keyword research for your target audience.
  • This niche requires professional content, so as to attract professionals who have valid input.
  • DONT make it private. At least not now.
Overall, I love the board. I will borrow a lot from the board for my business board. Which has been dead for a while now :)
Thank you so much for the feedback, I actually had xenporta disables for a second but it’s back now for the blog.
I’ll take what you said and improve and improve! Shoot me a pm if you had any questions or need help with anything.

Reactions: bomb