Need suggestions/advice for friend doing website

Lämmchen

Paragon
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
A friend of mine paid me to do a logo for her business and asked me about creating a website for her. I'm so out of touch with anything current so what would you recommend for her to do on her own as someone who knows very little html? What templates are easy and have a lot of options? What about people wanting to sign up for something? Her business is a farm type of thing where they will sell products but will also be a venue for weddings and school groups.

Ash

Seasoned Veteran
A friend of mine paid me to do a logo for her business and asked me about creating a website for her. I'm so out of touch with anything current so what would you recommend for her to do on her own as someone who knows very little html? What templates are easy and have a lot of options? What about people wanting to sign up for something? Her business is a farm type of thing where they will sell products but will also be a venue for weddings and school groups.
It's not difficult to get started with templates really. Is she looking to sell things online or have a simple site to promote the farm/venue?

Lämmchen

Paragon
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
It's not difficult to get started with templates really. Is she looking to sell things online or have a simple site to promote the farm/venue?
A simple site to provide information about the farm/venue as well as having a calendar for events to be listed and a form for contacting them...I'm not sure if there will be other sign ups she would like to have done through the website though. We didn't talk too much about it.

Lämmchen

Paragon
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
A simple WordPress site with a few plugins and a nice theme would do the job. If she has a budget, she can go with a nice premium theme with a builder that would make her job much easier.
I think she's used WordPress before...I didn't know it was easy to use? The secretary at my church complains about it all the time LOL

apaynter

New Arrival
Jun 10, 2019
FP$
Hi Lämmchen, I offer Wordpress design and would be happy to help (free of charge). I am trying to build up a portfolio of work as I would love to do it full time. Have a look at my site and if interested then please get in touch alanpaynter.co.uk. I would include free 12 months domain and hosting as well to help out.

Reactions: Lämmchen

Lämmchen

Paragon
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
Hi Lämmchen, I offer Wordpress design and would be happy to help (free of charge). I am trying to build up a portfolio of work as I would love to do it full time. Have a look at my site and if interested then please get in touch alanpaynter.co.uk. I would include free 12 months domain and hosting as well to help out.
Thanks for the offer. I'll pass the information on to her and find out if she found someone else to handle all this yet since I know she was eager to get started.