Need Tips for Better Back Links

Cumulus

Marketing Team Leader 📊
Marketing Team
Oct 8, 2020
UK
FP$
Thank You Badge
Back Links help SEO so what are the things to do and not do when making back links?
It very much depends on your desires for backlinks. The two main types, Dofollow and Nofollow serve different purposes. If you're looking for media citation (PR/Legitimacy building) and some traffic, nofollow can be beneficial - I remember getting my first backlink from Forbes, it felt great. Dofollow are obviously better for building your domain authority (DA) but very much depends on the source that you're getting the backlink from - I.e., a nofollow from Forbes would typically be better than a dofollow from a small blog with a low DA.

Having a targeted outreach strategy where you send press-releases/content through to individuals that own high DA sites can often work; One of my blogs once followed all relevant journalists - about 300 - on Social Media, but the reward came when they started reading our pieces and citing them in their own articles in mainstream media. Though, just having interesting content and a site can often be good enough to build organic (non marketed) backlinks itself.

I'd also consider manually backlinking your site through asking for Guest Pieces on some relevant industry sites, and also adding yourself as a source for information already on Wikipedia pages, or adding information if you feel there's a lack. This has proven quite a reliable traffic source for me in the past, and can bring as much as 3000 extra readers per month through 2-3 Wiki edits.

For your site, CrafterCraze, for example @Lämmchen you could look at gaining backlinks on relevant craft sites/blogs, but if you have an amazing explainer thread/post you could also consider some Wikipedia edits too for the craft style/genre. Your Christianity forum may be easier, reaching out to religious organisations, Churches, and debate & blog sites where you could link through to discussions/key threads on your forum.

Backlinks are superrrr valuable to SEO are one of the different contributors to Domain Authority (DA) - which in turn affects Google rankings, so always worth considering as part of an SEO/Marketing strategy :)

Xyphien

Resident
Jul 25, 2012
www.Xyphien.com
FP$
It very much depends on your desires for backlinks. The two main types, Dofollow and Nofollow serve different purposes. If you're looking for media citation (PR/Legitimacy building) and some traffic, nofollow can be beneficial - I remember getting my first backlink from Forbes, it felt great. Dofollow are obviously better for building your domain authority (DA) but very much depends on the source that you're getting the backlink from - I.e., a nofollow from Forbes would typically be better than a dofollow from a small blog with a low DA.

Having a targeted outreach strategy where you send press-releases/content through to individuals that own high DA sites can often work; One of my blogs once followed all relevant journalists - about 300 - on Social Media, but the reward came when they started reading our pieces and citing them in their own articles in mainstream media. Though, just having interesting content and a site can often be good enough to build organic (non marketed) backlinks itself.

I'd also consider manually backlinking your site through asking for Guest Pieces on some relevant industry sites, and also adding yourself as a source for information already on Wikipedia pages, or adding information if you feel there's a lack. This has proven quite a reliable traffic source for me in the past, and can bring as much as 3000 extra readers per month through 2-3 Wiki edits.

For your site, CrafterCraze, for example @Lämmchen you could look at gaining backlinks on relevant craft sites/blogs, but if you have an amazing explainer thread/post you could also consider some Wikipedia edits too for the craft style/genre. Your Christianity forum may be easier, reaching out to religious organisations, Churches, and debate & blog sites where you could link through to discussions/key threads on your forum.

Backlinks are superrrr valuable to SEO are one of the different contributors to Domain Authority (DA) - which in turn affects Google rankings, so always worth considering as part of an SEO/Marketing strategy :)
This pretty much covers most of the things you need to know with backlinks. I couldn't have said it any better :)

Reactions: Cumulus

kumarandassociates

New Arrival
Feb 18, 2021
haryana
www.kumarandassociates.com
FP$
The smart way to earn or build website backlinks
The construction method of the broken link.
Backlinks through infographics.
Advantages of guest articles.
Monitor competitors.
Establish internal links.
Promote your content.
Write a letter of recommendation.
Contact journalists and important bloggers.