New update has destroyed everything...

Xyphien

Addicted
Has anyone else been completely struggling with the new wordpress update? The new update has made it so WPBakery, Elementor, and many other things are completely broken. Every site I've updated to including my company site has practically crashed since the update. I've been struggling for the last three days to get everything how it is and continuously run into problems since I've updated.

I wanted to see if anyone else has had the same issue with the new update. From what I've read they're essentially trying to make it so you're unable to use those and almost forced to use their current system.

Cumulus

Paragon
Marketing Team
I err on the edge of caution with WordPress for this exact issue. I use a plugin which stops all updates and restricts it to my account online, as I have noticed things like these before.

I've just sprung up a quick test environment on my staging server at work and got the same issue - Forces Gutenburg use which is horrible to use.

Edit: I was able to revert the issue by using a Downgrade plugin

Xyphien

Addicted
I err on the edge of caution with WordPress for this exact issue. I use a plugin which stops all updates and restricts it to my account online, as I have noticed things like these before.

I've just sprung up a quick test environment on my staging server at work and got the same issue - Forces Gutenburg use which is horrible to use.
What plugin is that? And you're not worried about the back end threats that come with not updating your wordpress?

Gutenburg is by far the worst thing that has happened to wp imo. It's so awful.

Cumulus

Paragon
Marketing Team
What plugin is that?
https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-downgrade/ - This reverts the WP-Core files.

And you're not worried about the back end threats that come with not updating your wordpress?
Not particularly. I'm on the 5.2 branch which was last updated in October so it is still fairly recent. On-top I use SSO with Google or Microsoft365 on most my sites (as they're mostly business related) which negates some of the brute force login threat. Coupled with WordFence and Activity Logging (which we regularly audit) I'm quite happy with using a slightly out of date WP version.

Gutenburg is by far the worst thing that has happened to wp imo. It's so awful.
Yeah - Classic Editor is always the first thing I install 🤣

Xyphien

Addicted
https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-downgrade/ - This reverts the WP-Core files.

Not particularly. I'm on the 5.2 branch which was last updated in October so it is still fairly recent. On-top I use SSO with Google or Microsoft365 on most my sites (as they're mostly business related) which negates some of the brute force login threat. Coupled with WordFence and Activity Logging (which we regularly audit) I'm quite happy with using a slightly out of date WP version.

Yeah - Classic Editor is always the first thing I install 🤣
I tried wp-downgrade and it completely crashed my site. I had to use a backup to get it all back so I personally won't be using that again :)

I did end up fixing everything though after 3 days of trying, headaches, and stress lol.

D

Deleted member 25872

Something similar happened to me, on XenForo.

Malcolm

Technical Administrator
Administrator

Dotgician

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Honestly generator builders are the worst for any Wordpress website... Wordpress was not meant for the web builder generators.
I always have problems with them with almost every few updates.
It sucks fle the clients who you use that for too, because they’re like what’s going on the endless battle is not worth the headache... thinking for going straight to code and raising pricing.

Malcolm

Technical Administrator
Administrator
I fixed it finally :) Thank you though. It was a 3 day adventure but it's all working now. Was just warning everyone else to try and save them the frustration.
Wonderful! Thank you for the heads up!