Official "Mac vs. PC vs. [OS]" topic!

Steve Jobs

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Apr 15, 2016
FP$
I've been on Windows computers all my life until 2008 when I made the switch to an iMac and I've never been back on a Windows machine since :p I also have a Macbook Pro which is perfect!
Once you go Mac you never go back.

• Facepalm
Reactions: vgchat

UFPlanets

Acquaintance
PC is far more versatile than a Mac, that is if you are including Linux OS as part of the PC platform. Mac fits a certain market, but not a global audience, they often lack games and other options that people look for. That said, you can always build yourself a hackintosh, if for some reason you wanted to!

Generally speaking though, a PC is far easier to maintain and keep up to date, unless you buy a prebuilt system that is using
proprietary parts. If you don't know how to build a PC yourself, it might be best to get one custom made by various online PC builders. Replacing parts after that bit is then generally speaking, a simple process!

Jericho

The True Entrepreneur Is A Risk Taker
The only reason I do not buy apple laptops is the performance for the price, they have beautiful displays and designs, granted, but I could purchase a windows laptop half the price with the same spec. I do not regret buying my Dell XPS 13 over a macbook, quite possibly the best-looking laptop of all time, in every way.

Oh and also I find Apples OS design to be quite outdated and not very appealing to the eye, Windows 10 is beautiful.

Windows is a terrific OS and it's the reason why I prefer a PC (personal computer) over a Mac (apple device). The market itself also dictates to the PC, in terms of gaming, apps, add-ons, programs, etc. Everything is just a lot smoother being installed or download onto a PC. It makes doing tasks and upgrading a lot easier.

spaget

Acquaintance
Feb 12, 2018
FP$
Always been a Windows fan, still is but the other OS are for sure catching up and have their own niche for different kinds of people for different types of work.

B

Bryn

I'm rather polarised in the subject because, as much as I am a proud Win7 user, I also have a fondness of Macs especially when I used them all the time at college, and they were cool (OS X Leopard will always be remembered, forever in my heart).

But if I should make a decision, I'll say PC... but more so when it can adopt the power of Linux :)

I use Linux all life long.
My first own PC in 1997 came with Debian Linux, then got Ubuntu in 2005, then I started to test many other distribution like CentOS, OpenSUSE, Arch, Fedora, Knoppix, Linux Mint, etc.
Now I'm on Manjaro at home, and Kubuntu at work.

I used macOS for a little while when I bought an iMac in 2009, and I used Windows when I entred middle school (hardest OS to operate when starting from 0).