Online portfolios.

Jerlene

The Senseless Blogger
Jan 13, 2011
SenselessBlogger.com
senselessblogger.com
FP$
I'm trying to make an online profile. Right now I'm still using my old PhotoBucket, but I'm about to hit the limit. What do you guys recommend?
I'm also making a site to feature my work so I'm looking for any scripts or plugins that might work. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! :)

Ajay

I'm The Captain Now
Feb 23, 2011
FP$
Well, i've always believed that if you're going to showcase your own work, you should start from scratch on a portfolio. Even if it's simple HTML and CSS, it gives a professional opinion, rather than using a premade script/theme. I can help you get started if you want.

• Agree
Reactions: Elli

Graphic Designer
Nov 9, 2015
Canada
gtmemes.com
FP$
Wordpress is about the easiest solution for portfolios.. I do have a copy of AVCMS i could sell you a licence to if you want. Its a great script, i just no longer use it
That looks promising. I know you do a lot of graphics. What do you use personally?

I just use wordpress right now

Reactions: Jerlene

Jerlene

The Senseless Blogger
Jan 13, 2011
SenselessBlogger.com
senselessblogger.com
FP$

Ash

Madly Diligent
Nov 14, 2012
London
aakashpereira.co.uk
FP$
Cookie Badge

Bella8000

New Arrival
Feb 14, 2019
FP$
If you plan on creating a website for your portfolio, you can check out the hPage Website Builder: https://www.hpage.com

It's a free website but there are upgrades too and you can also store your photos and other files there. Kinda like Photobucket and have them directly uploaded to your website with them.

Reactions: Jerlene

Savvi

New Arrival
Feb 5, 2019
FP$
Why do you actually prefer premade? It's your portfolio website after all - I think it'd be more impressive to see if you actually built it from scratch. That being said, if you are any good at development, you should try and build it yourself. Perhaps make a WordPress theme out of it. You could use a custom post type for your portfolio projects and make them display somewhere in a way you like.

meetdilip

Marketing Team Member
Marketing Team
Feb 17, 2019
FP$
WordPress sounds like a great idea if you are not good with HTML template making.