Out of toilet paper?

Lämmchen

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$
In some areas there is a toilet paper shortage due to people panicking about the Coronavirus and hoarding supplies. Toilet paper, hand sanitizer, hand soaps and sanitizing wipes are in low supply or gone at some stores. How's it looking in your area?

Carlos X

Resident
Feb 28, 2013
California
www.carlosx360.com
FP$
We're stockpiling just the sanitizing wipes that come in the containers, and the masks (those cheap respirator-looking masks).

You're supposed to wash hands everyday after you touch something. But all this panic is overreactive. I usually buy those baby wipes for pooping.

Lämmchen

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
We're stockpiling just the sanitizing wipes that come in the containers, and the masks (those cheap respirator-looking masks).

You're supposed to wash hands everyday after you touch something. But all this panic is overreactive. I usually buy those baby wipes for pooping.
The masks are useless I've heard. Just stay 6-10 feet away from everyone :) And don't touch your face. That ones difficult for me because my hair is always getting in my face. I guess it's ponytail time.

Reactions: Carlos X

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Community Team
Jan 28, 2013
forumer.io
FP$
It's seriously insane. Toilet paper is going for $100 a case on Facebook and I've seen some on eBay even. I get the whole hand sanitizer and what not (even though now healthcare cannot even order supplies that we need) but toilet paper? Like seriously.

• Wow
Reactions: Lämmchen

Carlos X

Resident
Feb 28, 2013
California
www.carlosx360.com
FP$
The masks are useless I've heard. Just stay 6-10 feet away from everyone :) And don't touch your face. That ones difficult for me because my hair is always getting in my face. I guess it's ponytail time.
Actually, the coronavirus is airborne, so that mask is useful. Here's what I said on another board:

Okay, yes, the hysteria is overreactive, but you have to understand that this is CHINA. They deployed this coronavirus for a reason. Hong Kong's people had a protest against the Chinese government over Fugitive Offenders. They are trying to kill their own people, and maybe even spread it out into the open. Here's a video you should watch yourself...

I implore you to watch that, do not sleep on it. This has been going on for a while now. Coronavirus is just an escalation of what's been going on for 3 years now. Fu^&. I almost wanted to travel to China at one point, but this sh!^ is disgusting. But, hey, what do you expect from a communist country, anyway? Honesty? Throw honesty out of the window when you refer to China's government. I'm serious, throw it out. Here's another video you should watch (it's longer, but important.)

Especially towards the middle. [1:00:03] They talk about killing people with a machine that sucks everything out of your body until you cease to exist. They'll take your body, and sell it for profit. Sh!^'s nasty, bro.

Thomasss

Espresso Dependent
Community Team
Jan 28, 2013
forumer.io
FP$
Actually, the coronavirus is airborne, so that mask is useful. Here's what I said on another board:
Hmm, depends on the mask. It is airborne however, it's been proven the virus can go right through some masks. The N95 is the only mask that is proven to block the transmit of the virus, which is why it's making it's way to hospitals and healthcare sections only. :p The doctors I work with don't even use the masks - it's a nice PPE but unless they're N95, it doesn't guarantee it will stop the transmission.

Reactions: Elli

Webster

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Apr 3, 2014
Morganton, NC
FP$
In some areas there is a toilet paper shortage due to people panicking about the Coronavirus and hoarding supplies. Toilet paper, hand sanitizer, hand soaps and sanitizing wipes are in low supply or gone at some stores. How's it looking in your area?
At the moment, good here in Western NC. I've said this on numerous boards and I'll repeat it here: treat this as you would any natural disaster or major disaster event - practice basic barrier hygiene, prepare supplies as if you were staring down a hurricane (min 4 days on hand) and don't let yourself come down with FUP (Fear, Uncertainty and Panic).

Those last three things, everyone, kill more people than anything else.

Folks, keep your heads calm, use good common sense and live your life, even under the current circumstances. We will get through this, okay? We. Will. Get. Though. This!

Carlos X

Resident
Feb 28, 2013
California
www.carlosx360.com
FP$
At the moment, good here in Western NC. I've said this on numerous boards and I'll repeat it here: treat this as you would any natural disaster or major disaster event - practice basic barrier hygiene, prepare supplies as if you were staring down a hurricane (min 4 days on hand) and don't let yourself come down with FUP (Fear, Uncertainty and Panic).

Those last three things, everyone, kill more people than anything else.

Folks, keep your heads calm, use good common sense and live your life, even under the current circumstances. We will get through this, okay? We. Will. Get. Though. This!
I said as much. Yes, the hysteria is overreactive, but this disease is spreading faster than you'd think.

Reactions: Webster

Webster

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Apr 3, 2014
Morganton, NC
FP$
Yes, the hysteria is overreactive, but this disease is spreading faster than you'd think.
And that's the other point, Carlos. Yes, this is spreading faster than we think it is but to borrow the old saying, "Prior preparation prevents piss poor performance." Doesn't mean you become a prepper or anything like that but it doesn't take a ton of effort to prepare and keeping a keen, calm eye on events as they happen.

Reactions: Thomasss

Carlos X

Resident
Feb 28, 2013
California
www.carlosx360.com
FP$
And that's the other point, Carlos. Yes, this is spreading faster than we think it is but to borrow the old saying, "Prior preparation prevents piss poor performance." Doesn't mean you become a prepper or anything like that but it doesn't take a ton of effort to prepare and keeping a keen, calm eye on events as they happen.
I know. It's just that some people think it's a joke. It's "fake news." This ain't funny.

I know I have to wash my hands. Just keep aware of your surroundings, and whatnot. There's even an article about that, too: https://slate.com/technology/2020/0...tion-prevention.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Puppuccino

Member Team Leader
Aug 16, 2009
FP$
Supplies where I am seem to be okay but there is a sense of panicking buying sort of happening.

It doesn't make sense to do so though, because if you need anything you should be able to just go and get it. Buying so much at once is actually artificially inflating prices for everyone (including yourself) when you need more.

People are taking this way out of proportion.

SoRonerly

Acquaintance
Jul 23, 2019
FP$
Im in Adelaide Australia.

My local Coles (one of the big 2 supermarkets here in Australia) hasn't had toilet paper for 2 weeks, everyone kinda went crazy buying up a heap a few weeks ago. Havent seen hand sanitiser for 3+ weeks anywhere, no chemist has it.

Pasta is also out at a lot of supermarkets and pasta sauce.

I have been stock piling stuff for the past 4 weeks anyway slowly building up my supply of food.. crazy fun times ahead I think...

Lämmchen

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
Im in Adelaide Australia.

My local Coles (one of the big 2 supermarkets here in Australia) hasn't had toilet paper for 2 weeks, everyone kinda went crazy buying up a heap a few weeks ago. Havent seen hand sanitiser for 3+ weeks anywhere, no chemist has it.

Pasta is also out at a lot of supermarkets and pasta sauce.

I have been stock piling stuff for the past 4 weeks anyway slowly building up my supply of food.. crazy fun times ahead I think...
You can make your own pasta and sauce :D I'll send some recipes LOL You just need good semolina flour and eggs for the pasta and then onion, crushed tomatoes and basil for the sauce.

Reactions: SoRonerly

SoRonerly

Acquaintance
Jul 23, 2019
FP$
nah all the stuff I am buying is being stored for later and I am buying my normal shopping...
slowly building up the back up stores.

got 3 kids so if we do get quarantined I will have plenty of food. :) :)

always up for a good recipe though

Elli

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jan 20, 2019
ellimccale.com
FP$
I went to the grocery store this afternoon, just needed to pick up some milk and a couple of ingredients to make cookies. As I walked past the toilet paper/paper towel aisle, almost the entire thing was empty. It's so ridiculous...

Stockpiling toilet paper, sanitary supplies, and cleaning supplies are hurting cancer patients and others with legitimate medical needs. It's selfish, full stop. This article is from Ireland, but the sentiment is the same:

COVID-19 does not cause diarrhea. Tap water isn't going to dry up. Face masks are not going to help you unless it's rated N95, or if you're already sick (prevent yourself from spreading it).

Wash your hands. Stop touching your face. Stay out of public spaces. Listen to your country's disease experts. Leave the supplies to people who need them.