Ownership and New Staff Changes Updates

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Joshua Farrell, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell Community Administrator Administrator

+774
    Hello fellow Forum Promotion Users!

Today I would love to announce to you the following things that has changed.

Forum Ownership

@MasterA has sold the forum to @Cameron, and as of today will be taking over the overall running and guidance for the staff. And as such, for those who do not know, @Cameron will be more involved with the forum. @MasterA will still be an administrator during the first little while, to make sure those questions that needs answering from his end gets answers. And I believe along with anything else that is needed from him for the time being.

Administrative Changes

The following Administrative Changes will occur.

@Cosmé will be a new Administrator. He has agreed to come back and help out. He has several goals in mind for the forum, which should help with some of the issues that has crept in since he was last here. If you want to know what ideas he has, I am sure he wouldn't mind being asked. :)

Ofcourse @MasterA, as said above, will transfer his position as owner and will take upon being just a regular Administrator as myself.

Community Team
    The Community Team will be having a new Member and Team Leader. @Reverie has agreed to come back to lead the Community Team. So any questions regarding moderation and other basic questions about the various items around the board could be directed to her. If she cannot answer it, feel free to contact @Hissae2 regarding package service matters, or an Administrator.

We may also be hiring soon!

Review Team
    We will be working on getting the Review Service back up and running, and as such the following changes are happening.

@John will become the Team Leader for the Review Team, and will be working on the needed steps to get this back up and running.

@Grimalkin will be transferring from the Community Team to the Review Team, to help start out the review service once again.

Those are all of the major announcements we have! As everything gets put into play here, you will also be seeing a new hiring thread for the Package Team also, as we all adjust to everything that is happening.

Thanks for your continued support of Forum Promotion.

Forum Promotion
    Joshua Farrell
    Administrative Team

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. danthex

danthex GamingBoards.net King

+37
    Congratulations and good luck to all, I'm sure the FP community will continue to grow strong and prosper. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lucky!

Lucky! Assistant to the Regional Manager Retired Admin Forum Sponsor

+345
    Oh today is a good day! I am glad to see someone that is competent at the reigns of FP! With Cam's knowledge and willpower, I am excited to see where FP goes.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Reverie

Reverie Retired Administrator Retired Admin

+221
    It's wonderful to be joining the staff team again. :heart: Also excited to see John and Cosme return!

Please feel free to ask any questions like Joshua said. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Grimalkin

Grimalkin Madly Diligent Review Team

+657
    I am glad to see @Cosmé and @John and @Reverie returning to the staff once again. Welcome back! :free-hug:

I look forward to seeing @Cameron as the new owner of FP as well.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+1,806
    Blink of an eye! all it takes to see an hole new FP.

@John Glad to see you aboard and good news it won't be boring for me :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. Carlos X

Carlos X Up-and-Coming Sensation

+72
    Great job, @Cameron!

I was looking at the thread title and thought "Oh no, someone else owns it now." Then came the announcement that the owner is none other than Cam! :D

I was not expecting that! :) I've seen him own a lot of forums, like me. Hopefully things get going...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Matt

Matt Manners maketh man Administrator

+754
    Thanks Josh!

We have an excellent opportunity here to restore the FP community to what it once was. I look forward to working with Cameron, Josh, John, Rachael, James, and the community, in helping to make this all a reality. We have ideas -- more on those later. In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions, or just wants to say hi, feel free to reach out to me or the others. Let's work together to make FP awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Carlos X

+72
    First things first: UPGRADE the site! :)

xenForo 2. xenForo 2. xenForo 2!

xenForo 2

• Like Like x 1
  10. Matt

+754
    We'll need to look into that. Are the themes are plugins compatible?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Carlos X

+72
    As with all major upgrades, everything is wiped clean, and you'll have to start from zero all over again.

However, most of the core features that were in XF1 are already in XF2 with new features. Especially if you upgrade the backend of the server to higher level of MySQL/PHP.

My suggestion is to do it sooner rather than later.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Matt

+754
    Thanks for the info. :) We shall discuss.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Empire

+1,806
    @Carlos X @Cosmé Agee regards keeping it upgrade, and move to XenForo 2,

plugins compatible! I think it will be, just go and find out if there are and if they not then good idea to upgrade them before the move. Once everything is done to upgrade then close the site for 24 hours or less upgrade all at once then open the forum and we be happy.

Hope that the theme is supported. @Jordan is the guy to ask

• Like Like x 1
  14. Carlos X

+72
    That's not how it works. Plugins in XF1 do not make the move to XF2, they are "depreciated" and locked until you upgrade that particular plugin. Once you upgrade to XF2, the plugin(s) look un-usable. So, I would uninstall ALL plugins before the upgrade to keep it fresh, and problem-free.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Princess MeowsePad

Princess MeowsePad real life princess Marketing Team Team Leader Retired Admin

+697
    congrats to all involved

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ash

Ash Seasoned Veteran

+193
    Good to hear that it's Cameron and not someone else. Good luck with it :)

• Like Like x 3
  17. Empire

+1,806
    That would be confidential, Unless the new owner is happy to say!

• Like Like x 1
  18. ChrisGrigg

ChrisGrigg WebHost - www.USHost247.com Community Team Forum Sponsor

+84
    I feel @Cameron is capable of bringing the forum back to the glory days. Good luck on your new career, as this is a lot to do and will require a 40 hour work week to get everything back in working order. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jason76

Jason76 Packager Package Team

+316
    Like I said on another thread, focusing on blog commenting might make up for the decline in forums. Blog commenting is a plus for SEO so a market for it.

• Like Like x 1