• Hello Guest, we are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with our email system. Please expect a delay in email delivery.
[OzzModz] Block Registrations With Spam Like Email Addresses

[OzzModz] Block Registrations With Spam Like Email Addresses 2.0.2

No permission to download

Ozzy47

Package Team Leader
Package Team
Community Team
Gamma Premium
Ozzy47 submitted a new resource:

[OzzModz] Block Registrations With Spam Like Email Addresses - Block registrations with multiple special characters

This is a port of an addon I made for vBulletin back in September of 2014

The settings for the mod can be found under, [OzzModz] Block Registrations With Spam Like Email Addresses

Note:
The error message they see when they exceed the maximum dots is this:

"The administrator has blocked the email you have entered for containing to many special characters. Please try a different email address."

I would not suggest changing it and saying something like, " you entered to many...

Read more about this resource...

briefcaseinc

New Arrival
FP$
Hi,

I installed this addon and kept the default maximum of 2 periods. I tested it by trying to sign up with a fake email address with many periods and it worked flawlessly. However, two spammer/bots have gotten through since I installed it using email addresses like: ab.d.umu.hamm.ad.ali.t.m.p@gmail.com

I tried another test signup using that email address and was blocked so I think they're bypassing the registration system somehow.

Any ideas?

Ozzy47

Package Team Leader
Package Team
Community Team
Gamma Premium
Hi,

I installed this addon and kept the default maximum of 2 periods. I tested it by trying to sign up with a fake email address with many periods and it worked flawlessly. However, two spammer/bots have gotten through since I installed it using email addresses like: ab.d.umu.hamm.ad.ali.t.m.p@gmail.com

I tried another test signup using that email address and was blocked so I think they're bypassing the registration system somehow.

Any ideas?

More than likely they changed their email after registering, I had it happen on my site. I need to adjust the addon to count that.

briefcaseinc

New Arrival
FP$
More than likely they changed their email after registering, I had it happen on my site. I need to adjust the addon to count that.

If your website is Snog's Xenforo Mods & Add-ons website, then I know as I just got a Conversation notice over there and was the same spam my members are being hit with.

Thank you for all your hard work on this, crossing fingers your adjustment will do the trick!