Plagiarism

Alexander.

Team Member
Package Team
Jan 30, 2015
Forum Promotion
FP$
Plagiarism is one of the biggest challenges website owners face on their forum or blog every day, unfortunately. How do you tackle plagiarism? Content that has been copied from other websites can have huge consequences for your site's SEO ranking.

Share how you deal with this problem.

Lämmchen

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$
Plagiarism is one of the biggest challenges website owners face on their forum or blog every day, unfortunately. How do you tackle plagiarism? Content that has been copied from other websites can have huge consequences for your site's SEO ranking.

Share how you deal with this problem.
Most laws in the United States allow for 20% of copyrighted material to be quoted and then you should give reference to the original source. At least that used to be the norm but I can't find my source so I fail LOL. It helps to also link to the original or something similar when possible.

ZandraJoi

Up-and-Coming Sensation
I'm still small so not sure if some of my content has been taken. I do post educational links but I also post personal writings & have a sticky to ask people to not share that content please. I've seen on some sites where you can't copy things, even articles cited, but I don't know how to do that or if it's worth one's time.

Shannon Apple

Resident
Jul 6, 2016
Ireland
www.sakugacity.com
FP$
If they quote a news article, for example, they must link it, that's the rules. Deliberate plagiarism has always brought forum suspensions with it.

Besides, the Current Events forum is now hidden to the public. So the quoted and linked articles shouldn't affect SEO in any way. I had to make it private because some members couldn't play nice in there, and I didn't want them still reading political threads that they were banned from participating in. lol.