Planning to switch to MyBB from Xenforo

Daniel

Seasoned Veteran
Dec 18, 2008
United States, MI
techsthink.com
FP$
If you aren't seeing any benefit with Xenforo then you don't need to renew your license for updates etc. However, I'd be cautious about theme availability and any addon's that you are currently using. I'd maybe do a test install of MyBB and then see if you can get the plugins that you use and a theme that is close to what you want before you worry about migrating data.

• Winner
Reactions: jazz555

jazz555

Paragon
Aug 27, 2010
Chennai
indianforum.org
FP$
I don't make use of any addons in Xenforo. I see few benefits in Xenforo and i acknowledge it. But a sudden thought rose up that why shouldn't i switch to MyBB.

Anyway Xenforo will work even after my license expires. So let me do some research and spend more time on these two softwares and make a decision. You peoples input were very helpful :)

Daniel

Seasoned Veteran
Dec 18, 2008
United States, MI
techsthink.com
FP$
I don't make use of any addons in Xenforo. I see few benefits in Xenforo and i acknowledge it. But a sudden thought rose up that why shouldn't i switch to MyBB.

Anyway Xenforo will work even after my license expires. So let me do some research and spend more time on these two softwares and make a decision. You peoples input were very helpful :)
All keeping the license "active" does is that it provides you with continuous updates and support.

jazz555

Paragon
Aug 27, 2010
Chennai
indianforum.org
FP$
Yes, i have previously done my transition from Xenforo to MyBB using the converter and i was able to restore the posts with no errors.

If i don't renew the license i won't get the updates and support, but still i will be able to use it I know this.

Let me think properly, i am a so confused guy who constantly get confusing thoughts :D

jazz555

Paragon
Aug 27, 2010
Chennai
indianforum.org
FP$
The licences aren't that much ($40 a year) - and honestly, my opinion is that MyBB isn't as good a software. Have you tried a fundraiser?
I don't have issue with the fund, as i have previously used MyBB a thought came of switching. But with all your inputs i think i will stick with Xenforo and drop the idea of a switch.

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
The licences aren't that much ($40 a year) - and honestly, my opinion is that MyBB isn't as good a software. Have you tried a fundraiser?
I don't have issue with the fund, as i have previously used MyBB a thought came of switching. But with all your inputs i think i will stick with Xenforo and drop the idea of a switch.
Probably a better idea - but that's not saying that someone starting with MyBB has done something wrong. MyBB is a good software - but it's just silly about all this "moving about" some forum owners do.

Reactions: jazz555