Please give me any reviews for Bantranh.com

Tommy M.

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Apr 28, 2015
FP$
Site Name: Tranh Phong Canh
Site URL: https://bantranh.com/
Date Opened: 8/10/2018
Notes: This is an art parting website and I customized more things on its homepage and colors. I look forward to hearing your reviews on colors, layouts, logo and others.

Thanks in advance.

Kaynil

Paragon
Package Team
I had to use Google Translate to make sense of it since it is on a language different than English.
According to the translator, the name of your site is "Landscape painting" is this correct?
What about the URL? What is the meaning of it?

That "Bên đường" one really looks like a picture until you see the image. You definitely got some very skilled artists and lovely oil paintings. It is nice to see they are selling alright, going by the columns at the bottom, very informative. I like that you have a tab to separate the paintings by the artist.

Anyway, I think the layout is nice. I wouldn't think of mixing together colors like sand and pink, but they seem to go surprisingly well. I like that the main thing that will get our attention are the paintings right there under the menu, big and vibrant. everything I need to browse the site is within reach without having to scroll down. To be honest, I think it would be nice the one or two latest paintings were also somewhere up here so people that visit your page often can see the latest submissions without scrolling own.
I like you explain they are for sale and what I can expect of buying through this portal.

After this, I feel I like some elements more than others. For example, the artist menu you have past halfway, it would probably be nice to have in the artist tab rather than on the main page. Continuing on the browsing by artist, I find disconcerting the category menu is at the left when I am seeing an artist's collection but if I press in a particular painting, it moves to the right. I think it is important you keep that menu consistent.

It is a nice idea to have some ratings from the customers near the bottom.

I find odd that the blog is even further down that the ratings and doesn't seem to get much exposition, which is a shame because it seems interesting, unless it is part of the menu at the top and I missed it.

I think the second to last part of your footer (the yellow stripe) takes way too much space for what it is. It almost fills my whole screen. Compare that to the footer of this website, scrolling right under this thread. Maybe making the font smaller, limiting the number of tags and playing around with the sizes and positions of the elements can help.

If you have the resources, it might be worth to offer a proper "English" version of the website in order to reach more people.

anyway, I hope this can be of help.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Tommy M.

Lämmchen

Paragon
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
The art is exceptional :) The layout of the page has an easy flow with clear distinct sections. I really like the design of it. If I had to say anything negative it might be not to use too many different typefaces.

Tommy M.

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Apr 28, 2015
FP$
According to the translator, the name of your site is "Landscape painting" is this correct?
Yes, if translated site into English then its presenting art paintings bout landscape, abstract painting, girls, flowers from talent artists.
What about the URL? What is the meaning of it?
Its url is BanTranh.com and Ban Tranh means Sell Paintings in English
That "Bên đường" one really looks like a picture until you see the image. You definitely got some very skilled artists and lovely oil paintings. It is nice to see they are selling alright, going by the columns at the bottom, very informative. I like that you have a tab to separate the paintings by the artist.
You are right, there are more skills & talent artists there and they are offering best old paintings to everyone. There are many types of paintings and everyone can have their own selections.
Anyway, I think the layout is nice. I wouldn't think of mixing together colors like sand and pink, but they seem to go surprisingly well. I like that the main thing that will get our attention are the paintings right there under the menu, big and vibrant. everything I need to browse the site is within reach without having to scroll down.
You mean it is long now and you want to have a shorter homepage with less scroll down?

Kaynil

Paragon
Package Team
Thank you for clearing up things about the address meaning.

You mean it is long now and you want to have a shorter homepage with less scroll down?
In the part that you quoted, I was complimenting the page design. Even before scrolling down, the top menus let is browse different categories, there is a search bar, and paintings to make me curious.

I do think you could still tweak it and make it shorter but all things considered, at least while looking at your page through my computer browser, I think the overall length is fine.

• Agree

Tommy M.

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Apr 28, 2015
FP$
I do think you could still tweak it and make it shorter but all things considered, at least while looking at your page through my computer browser, I think the overall length is fine.
This review is cool and I think I am doing right on my site.
But that you only checking on its homepage, what do you think about categories list, for example, this landscape paintings page (tranh phong cảnh) https://bantranh.com/pc/tranh-phong-canh/ is it short and looks good?
I find odd that the blog is even further down that the ratings and doesn't seem to get much exposition, which is a shame because it seems interesting, unless it is part of the menu at the top and I missed it.
Yes I named it as "Tin Tức" on the top header, I think from your suggestion, I should change it to Blog.
I think the second to last part of your footer (the yellow stripe) takes way too much space for what it is. It almost fills my whole screen. Compare that to the footer of this website, scrolling right under this thread. Maybe making the font smaller, limiting the number of tags and playing around with the sizes and positions of the elements can help.
I agree with you, do you think, instead of decrease font size, should I make with of whole site larger, that will make height of parts smaller?

Azareal

Paragon
I'm not much of a theme critic, so I'll go over some more technical points.

I'll give you points for using Cloudflare and PHP 7.2 (as opposed to an older version).
Also, you have a fairly nice theme, although it might be a little on the bulky side and fires off hundreds of requests.

You also probably want to avoid revealing your version of PHP in the x-powered-by header.

• Useful

Tommy M.

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Apr 28, 2015
FP$
I'll give you points for using Cloudflare and PHP 7.2 (as opposed to an older version).
I am using this but to be honest, the performance of website is depending on the specs of hosting server.
Also, you have a fairly nice theme, although it might be a little on the bulky side and fires off hundreds of requests.
Where and how you knew this? did you check?
You also probably want to avoid revealing your version of PHP in the x-powered-by header.
Can you show me this where you saw it? and can I hide it?

Thanks