• Guest, we are pleased to inform you that Forum Promotion has been integrated with Discord. This means no matter where you are. You will always stay connected to Forum Promotion. You can connect your Discord account by going to your account settings > connected-accounts or by Clicking here. Once your account is connected, you will automatically join our server (if you have already joined, you will be automatically roled). You will automatically be given the role of "Approved Users." And whenever a thread/post is created, a message will be posted in #new-threads and #new-posts.

Post exchanges

Advertise Here

KnownSyntax

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Mar 21, 2016
Arizona, United States
FP$
Thank you for your reply @KnownSyntax ! I've had some post exchanges but they did mostly games. Nothing unique. Plus, don't people get burnt out with being on so many forums?
I think many will do the exchanges if it fits something easy to write about - after the exchanges many don’t seem to really be active on the forum. Just gives a false impression which can help others join and actually be active

Reactions: ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Resident
Users don't join inactive forums. So anything to make the forum look more active then the other forum they are considering to join is a plus. I try to stick with people who are picky about what forums they will post on, as that tends to be better for results.
So you've had success? Do you have some that are active members & ongoing for the post exchanges? That is what I'm looking for.

Uncrowned Guard

Familiar Face
May 7, 2016
Pennsylvania (USA)
uncrownedempire.com
FP$
My current forums are brand new, so not much to show there. In the past it has helped. Although it doesn't quite need to be post exchanges, just any artificial traffic to drive organic traffic into registering is a good thing to get a community going. The effects are also dependent on the current community, great for brand new sites to get going or small communities that need a boost, but large and active communities will see little outcome from the work.

However if you are talking about the actual people that you do the post exchanges with sticking around? Then no, very little success there, but that is not really the goal and is just a perk if it happens.

You have to remember, that most people doing exchanges are current forum owners already well invested into their own communities and likely a series of forums outside of their own that they use. It is one of the hardest groups to pull into a new forum.

ZandraJoi

Resident
My current forums are brand new, so not much to show there. In the past it has helped. Although it doesn't quite need to be post exchanges, just any artificial traffic to drive organic traffic into registering is a good thing to get a community going. The effects are also dependent on the current community, great for brand new sites to get going or small communities that need a boost, but large and active communities will see little outcome from the work.

However if you are talking about the actual people that you do the post exchanges with sticking around? Then no, very little success there, but that is not really the goal and is just a perk if it happens.

You have to remember, that most people doing exchanges are current forum owners already well invested into their own communities and likely a series of forums outside of their own that they use. It is one of the hardest groups to pull into a new forum.
Thank you for your feedback! If not post exchanges, what would be artificial traffic? I’m on Proboards & the majority of my members are forum owners themselves & do the I join yours you join mine. Similar to Post Exchanges but no ‘commitment’ per se.

Uncrowned Guard

Familiar Face
May 7, 2016
Pennsylvania (USA)
uncrownedempire.com
FP$
All in all any exchange, paid posting, deals, etc. made with people are not going to make them active members. That is not the purpose of those activities. The purpose is to build up the forum numbers, make it look active, and encourage people who find your forum via your advertising, social media, etc. to register and become an active member themselves. You got to get out and promote the forum to new audiences and use the exchanges to make those new audiences think the forum is active and become your real active members over time.

ZandraJoi

Resident
I view it differently. When I’m at a forum, I look at the members & some have hundreds but only posted once or 5 times & never came back. That tells me that the forum is not WORTH coming back to. A good forum will have repeat members. See what I mean? I tend to not stay at a forum where others don’t stay at.
I can’t be the only one that feels this way. Quality over Quantity.
I appreciate your discussing this with me & I value that :)

Reactions: Uncrowned Guard

Joshua Farrell

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Forum Sponsor
Nov 9, 2009
forumpromotion.net
FP$
Red Diamond
Like Badge
My main issue with post exchanges, is that if it isn't known on the preferred areas for posting, those that have never really done exchanges before, will assume that the spammy forum fun games topics is fair game.

This is partly why I have resisted for awhile to participate in the exchanges here at FP, over the last few years. I dislike the people who reply to the easy to answer topics.

ZandraJoi

Resident
My main issue with post exchanges, is that if it isn't known on the preferred areas for posting, those that have never really done exchanges before, will assume that the spammy forum fun games topics is fair game.

This is partly why I have resisted for awhile to participate in the exchanges here at FP, over the last few years. I dislike the people who reply to the easy to answer topics.
Thank you @Joshua Farrell for your reply :) I had hesitated myself but now have a Post Exchange ad but I have put Games, What’s your time, What’s your weather won’t count. When I do my posts, I look for the unique or ones that don’t have replies to yet.

TopSilver

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Mar 16, 2019
www.mindpiff.com
FP$
It's a good way to get your site off the ground. Once you get a lot of posts you may not want to do it but this is a fantastic way to get things going and get the ball rolling with content.

Lämmchen

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
www.christianityhaven.com
FP$
I still do post exchanges from time to time on Christianity Haven to get some fresh ideas flowing on the site which generates good conversation. My members get sick of the same old same old so a new face piques their interest and sometimes those who are only lurking actually log in and contribute more.

Cumulus

Package Team
Package Team
Oct 8, 2020
UK
FP$
Yeah like Lämmchen said, new faces around the community always prompt interest. Even here at FP, I typically look out for new faces and reply to their threads first as they're a new user to the community :)

CerealKiller

Acquaintance
Jan 4, 2021
FP$
Post exchanges bring new faces and activity to your forum for free, so I think it is definitely worth it. However, for it to work long term, both parties should have an interest in each other’s forum niche.