Proboards V6

Abizaga

Up-and-Coming Sensation
FP$
? Not sure if I had seen the new one?

leangreen76

Reputable
FP$
As I'm not a contributer, at the moment, I don't have the access some do, so it's too early to say yet. I'm pretty happy with the current version and worry about my themes on my Transformers forum and how many I will be able to keep - depending on what they do with themes. When the time comes I will have to re-save the latest versions of all my themes just in case they change them irrevocably.

I'm hoping nothing advances too quickly before the end of next August because I have a very "Special Edition" of my default theme for the 20th that I might not be able to even use. (Should be good as there's also a transistion period.)

I'm of the old addage if it aint broke don't fix it, but for the first time instead of embracing what comes< i am for the first time worried and anxious about it.

ZandraJoi

Package Team Leader Assistant
Package Team
As I'm not a contributer, at the moment, I don't have the access some do, so it's too early to say yet. I'm pretty happy with the current version and worry about my themes on my Transformers forum and how many I will be able to keep - depending on what they do with themes. When the time comes I will have to re-save the latest versions of all my themes just in case they change them irrevocably.

I'm hoping nothing advances too quickly before the end of next August because I have a very "Special Edition" of my default theme for the 20th that I might not be able to even use. (Should be good as there's also a transistion period.)

I'm of the old addage if it aint broke don't fix it, but for the first time instead of embracing what comes< i am for the first time worried and anxious about it.
I too am of the If it ain't broke... From what I gathered, they want it to be more mobile friendly but they are leaving behind those of us, like me, who still use a Desktop. They've been talking about it for a long time, one forum I'm on said it was brought up years ago!

leangreen76

Reputable
FP$
I too am of the If it ain't broke... From what I gathered, they want it to be more mobile friendly but they are leaving behind those of us, like me, who still use a Desktop. They've been talking about it for a long time, one forum I'm on said it was brought up years ago!

It was brought up years ago, a work around for mobile users was using that tapatalk app, which I tried and for me was awful.

I'm a bit old skool, I've been using ProBoards since 2002 so I've seen many changes. I can understand Headers & Footers being retired, before V5 they were more important and probably much more used, I know they use to be very handy. With the introduction of the plugins though, there has been lesser need for them and I personally love plugins so will be sad IF they do dis-continue them. Ones like - Quick Reply BBCode Buttons, Collapsable Shoutbox, Easy Affiliate Table and Thread descriptions are preety important and most of them should be default.

Like I said however, when testing goes more public I'll be able to come back to this thread and give a much more rounded opinion, but right now I don't mind that they're taking they're time!

Sharon

Package Team Member
Package Team
From what I understand there's no timeline yet as to when it will be finished. I'm glad that they're working on a new version and they're aiming to stay relevant. I prefer to visit forums on my computer as opposed to my phone but I do like the option to quickly glance at forums using my mobile device too.

Fait

Seasoned Veteran
From what I understand there's no timeline yet as to when it will be finished. I'm glad that they're working on a new version and they're aiming to stay relevant. I prefer to visit forums on my computer as opposed to my phone but I do like the option to quickly glance at forums using my mobile device too.
It’s definitely good to have both options I prefer forums on my computer too because you can see the full thing but if I’m out and about a mobile option is needed.

I use Xenforo but for free hosting Proboards is great but starting to get old so glad to see a new version in the works.