PS4Forum.com Review

Site Name: PS4 Forums - PlayStation 4 Forums
Date Opened: 2013
Review Requested (Quick/Advanced): Free Review Week Shenanigans
Notes: Fairly old Forum. (Previous owner launched it in 2013.)

I purchased the domain, files, and database on September 6th, and completed the migration to xenForo 2 on September 9th (oddly enough, the original PlayStation released in U.S. on this day!)

Last edited:

Joshua Farrell

Forum Stock Market General Manager
Nov 9, 2009
forumpromotion.net
FP$
Red Diamond
Like Badge

Your Official Review is In Progress!

Thank you for requesting our services. I have tagged your thread and will finish an official review in less than 5 days. In the meantime, you will receive informal feedback from other reviewers and members at Forum Promotion. Once your official review is completed, you will be free to ask questions and receive feedback so long as your website remains open. You will also be able to request another review in thirty days after this Official Review is completed.

edenwax

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Mar 24, 2011
ed3n.me
FP$
Sorry for the delay! Here's your free basic review. :)

Official Review of
https://ps4forum.com/

by @edenwax

First Impressions:
My first impressions of this forum, like DMC Forums, are that it looks awesome, loads fast, and has a great board structure! While it is running a pre made theme, it really fits the PS4 design language! The dark greys, dark blues and beautiful PS4 background image. I also noticed that this background image loaded instantly! I checked and it is indeed compressed and that is a delight to see. Pingdom Tools says the page is only 1.5mb in size which is great! The other forums I've reviewed of yours have been 3-4mb so this is a great improvement. Every little bit counts. :)

Great

Site Structure:
At first glance I thought the board structure was pretty good, but then I noticed there is a sub-forum for every single PS4 game. While some could see that as a good thing, I personally think it's a little excessive. It totally breaks the sub-forum list on the main-board list and makes it a bit of a chore to post about the game I want to post about. I'd rather have just one board to discuss games, and users can create threads about whatever game they want.

Good

Originality:
I think this theme works well for a PS4 forum. While not original, its perfect for the PS4 design language (as mentioned above). I also really like the original logo! I've never seen a logo like that and I love those space-age futuristic font faces. While I'm not entirely a fan of it, having a sub-forum for each game is pretty original. Aside from Reddit having game-specific subreddits, I've never seen a conventional forum have sub forums for every game! I have to give you points there.

Good

The thing I liked the best: Theme and original logo
The thing I liked the least: Too many sub-forums

Overall Thoughts:
PS4 Forums seems to be a great place to discuss PS4 related topics. The design is solid and relevant to the PS4, the logo is very original and the structure is good for the most part! As a gamer, I know I'll certainly be signing up! I love that the images have been optimized and the load time is a treat. This might be your best forum yet, Carlos! Keep it up. :)

Official Rating:

Review this feedback

I think this theme works well for a PS4 forum. While not original, its perfect for the PS4 design language (as mentioned above). I also really like the original logo! I've never seen a logo like that and I love those space-age futuristic font faces. While I'm not entirely a fan of it, having a sub-forum for each game is pretty original. Aside from Reddit having game-specific subreddits, I've never seen a conventional forum have sub forums for every game! I have to give you points there.
This is the fault of the old vB4 site. When PS5 is revealed, I plan to switch over to a PS5 Forum (keeping mum on the domain at the moment, but there are some hints on the site already... But hush hush.), and the first thing I'll do is merge some forums, and create PS5 Forums for it. :D

Last edited: