Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Seasoned Veteran
Dec 18, 2008
United States, MI
techsthink.com
FP$
It has come to my attention as of late that there does not seem to be a deep desire to become a Package Team member here on FP. So, with that, I was wondering if there any incentives other than FP$ (We already offer a fairly generous amount for doing packages) that would make you want to join the team.

I look forward to your input :)

• Informative
Reactions: Ajay and Gio

Ajay

I'm The Captain Now
Feb 23, 2011
FP$
I think the main issue with being either Review Team Member, or Package Team Member is that you get paid in $FP. Not saying that you have to get paid in real currency, but until $FP gets a true value, or is worth spending, I don't see the huge reason for getting paid in it.

Empire

Confederation of lords
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Rising the amount of FP$ doesn't answer to all things. Well be nice to earn an good amount of those FP$ but as for all old and famous active members there isn't much to spend it on. I mean doing the work then in returns getting nothing back unless you are using your FP well and getting what FP offers.

• Agree
Reactions: Daniel

xXInfectedXx

Former Staff
Jan 30, 2015
Forum Promotion
FP$
I applied for the position on FP again, but was unsuccessful. I feel more services to spend your FP$ would increase the value of the currency and then attract more users to apply to be a team member.

Daniel

Seasoned Veteran
Dec 18, 2008
United States, MI
techsthink.com
FP$
Thank you all for your helpful input. I brainstormed the following ideas and I'd be curious to know what everyone thinks.

A monthly give away isolated to the PT (perhaps based off team performance, for example package turn arounds not going past 14 days)

Some sort of PT raffles for a sticky topic under the Package forum or perhaps other items as well.

Bluezone777

Dinner Team Leader
Sep 5, 2008
SW Florida
FP$
The work is taxing and uninteresting for most people who don't enjoy joining countless forums to make posts on than vacate said forum until the next time they make a request. Most people think it's easy at first because they find posting to be easy but forget that when they post as a member, they post when and where they want to but you lose that luxury when you join the packages team. You quickly lose interest in the position after posting on the umpteenth boring, uninteresting or near lifeless board hence why you have high turnover. I noticed a lot of people who come here on a regular basis tend to have colored names already so they are either staff or someone who had their turn on the merry go round of being staff and don't feel like taking another trip for one reason or another. I think that might be a factor into why you aren't getting many applicants.

The whole idea of offering stuff to PT members in this thread comes off as throwing out bait in the hopes of luring in people to the job when they otherwise wouldn't have considered it. I don't think it's goign to work because being a PT member consumes a lot of time and if you don't want to do it because you enjoy it than I don't think offering stuff is going to motivate people to pursue the job though I can see offering it in the light of rewarding exceptional performance but that's about it.

Cosmic

Manners maketh man
Jul 5, 2009
FP$
Thinking in terms of raffles, free benefits, things like that, won’t help. Those are just illusions to make it seem like people aren’t doing grueling work for free when they really are, and people usually see through that after the first couple weeks. Raffles do not feel rewarding because the experience everyone has with raffles is that they enter and do not win. How often do you, the person reading this post, win a raffle? Probably not often. Raffles are not a serious reward for hard work.

The way that I tried to solve this problem was by opening up packages to people often than PTMs, to share the burden of who has to do them, and to let people do other, more fulfilling work too. Right now there are two RTMs, and maybe two requests for reviews within the past 30 days. As someone who has been a reviewer myself, and written plenty of reviews— it doesn’t Take 30 days to write them. Maybe a couple hours.

But right now there seems to be an aversion to new ideas, and an instinct to revert everything to a shallow ghost of what this place was five years ago. That probably isn’t going to work — I recommend thinking outside the box.

Other unconventional ideas: change the PT to a formalized system of mutual post for post exchanges where the PTMs get posts on their site; or actually pay the PTMs real money.

Last edited:

Daniel

Seasoned Veteran
Dec 18, 2008
United States, MI
techsthink.com
FP$
@Bluezone777 & @Cosmic Thanks a ton for your input on this! I have a high understanding that the PT can be and is a time consuming job that most end up having to do for free. I have also considered real money to folks on the PT and can see where that'd be most times preferred.

I've also considered possibly opening up a hybrid kind of system where daring members can contribute to Packages and earn whatever reward is deemed acceptable.

Some sort of combo FP$ & real cash and if someone wants real cash and doesn't have a way of receiving it then using some sort of gift card for that person.

I want folks to want to be a part of the team and have some sort of motivation behind posting on other people's forums. At one time there were folks that had no problem seeping hours into the PT service but times as you have said have changed here. Please keep the feedback coming as I want to make changes for the better for the service and the team members that keep the gears turning.

Reactions: Ash and Cosmic

Cosmic

Manners maketh man
Jul 5, 2009
FP$
I've also considered possibly opening up a hybrid kind of system where daring members can contribute to Packages and earn whatever reward is deemed acceptable.
Yep, that right there is thinking out of the box. And it might work too. Or it might not. Things like that are good to try to see if they work, with an understanding that another out of the box idea that comes along may work better. Try a lot of things and see what sticks.

D

Deleted member 32117

Probably I have to agree on what you said @Daniel. Maybe we should go with that
Some sort of combo FP$ & real cash and if someone wants real cash and doesn't have a way of receiving it then using some sort of gift card for that person.

Daniel

Seasoned Veteran
Dec 18, 2008
United States, MI
techsthink.com
FP$
Thank you all for your feedback, if you have more suggestions for the Package Team or the Package Service in general please provide that input! I want to provide the best possible service that I can :)

I am in the works of putting things together to present to the community but it is taking me a bit because of all the things I am looking to modify...I know it's all words right now but it's coming (hopefully before I have a newborn child in March).

ChrisGrigg

Community Team Member
Community Team
Forum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2009
South Carolina
www.ushost247.com
FP$
I don't even enter them.. Most don't even enter..
I agree with this. I don't even bother entering raffles because it's not a guarantee reward, as many others do not enter for the same reason.

The PT has declined over the past year or so, with it being hard to find people because no one wants to do free labor and post on forums they don't enjoy or obviously know for certain that the forum they are posting on will not be open a month down the road, so they may feel like they are just wasting their precious time on that said forum.

Now I'm not sure how getting paid real money would help the situation because then the other time sensitive areas such as the review team will also be seeking money for their hard earned work and would feel left out if they weren't getting paid for such effort in the reviews of sites. Until FP is bringing in $100s each month from various advertising, I wouldn't even consider trying to pocket salaries for team members. My $0.02.

ChrisGrigg

Community Team Member
Community Team
Forum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2009
South Carolina
www.ushost247.com
FP$
I don't even enter them.. Most don't even enter..
My $0.02.
The irony lol.

But yeah you're right. All this needs some sort of funding, and it's not going to happen until the revenue is at a decent level. Unless, team leaders are willing to dip into their own pockets, but I personally wouldn't. :hilarious:
Correct. I don't believe the revenue should come from anyone's pocket except @Cameron Taylor. Only if he was willing and offering though. Me personally, I wouldn't and here's why. Say you start out paying, then all of a sudden you get a full crew that is fully willing to work..on here all hours of the day and never get behind. Now you have a full crew that you said you would pay. If for whatever reason you cannot pay, staff will immediately leave and spread bad reviews about how the owner had them work with expectation of pay. Revenue is not unlimited and should be solely dependent on the site itself to supply it.

• Agree
Reactions: Ajay

Bluezone777

Dinner Team Leader
Sep 5, 2008
SW Florida
FP$
Once you start promising payment with RL cash, you can't go back to not doing that without severe repercussions. I'd say it doesn't say much for a board that is convinced that it can't have a quality staff team without having to pay them to stick around and do the work people used to do happily for just FP cash once upon a time. I really would think this one all the way through before committing to it because there really is no going back once you committed to it.

• Agree
Reactions: Kaynil

Daniel

Seasoned Veteran
Dec 18, 2008
United States, MI
techsthink.com
FP$
Thanks for the great feedback on paying PTM's real money. It seems that if we do this method in any form it should reward for performance within the Package Team in some sense.
The question continues to be then, how do we attract more folks to the Package Team or does the problem overall lye within FP or do we start reaching out to people outside of FP that may have interest in such work?

Status
Not open for further replies.