Solved PTL needs your input!

Discussion in 'Solved Archive' started by Daniel, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Ajay

Ajay I'm The Captain Now

+302
    I'm not really sure if that's the issue. It's more so that package and review team work is very time consuming. It's not necessarily an easy task to do, although it may just seem as "posting" on forums or writing a review about a website by following a template. The actual work can be repetitive and tedious. You might need to seek new members, outside of FP for work as I see most of the staff that were staff during previous ownerships of FP are being brought back for some reason or another.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ChrisGrigg

ChrisGrigg Community Team Member Community Team Forum Sponsor

+257
    Thinking outside the box here...is there a way we could adjust the fp cost and maybe have a third party service do the posting packages? Such as an account is setup, and the package staff set up the order with said company and it gets completed and @Cameron Taylor pays the company (versus multiple users). Just an idea, may be a crappy one but hey...it's something to think about.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ajay

Ajay I'm The Captain Now

+302
    Well, we wouldn't really need a package team if this happens, right? It could work out, or at least is worth a shot. There are sites that do this sort of service, but you get what you pay for quality wise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ChrisGrigg

+257
    Yeah, we would only need like 1-2 people (in case one person isn't online). It's debatable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Daniel

Daniel Seasoned Veteran

+177
    I may do some looking into this, I was already looking at adjusting the "requirements" for applying to the Package Team so I think this will work out in my favor, or at least that's the hope.

I presume you are talking about the use of a service such as The Forum Wheel or Post Loop?

6. ChrisGrigg

+257
    TFW and PL have degraded in quality significantly and I would not recommend trying to get posts from there.
    There are other companies that do forum posting as a service.

7. Ajay

Ajay I'm The Captain Now

+302

It could work out. It just has to somehow become appealing to be part to he staff team again. Right now, it just feels like a chore.

Yeah TFW is pretty bad on quality. It's more so for quantity lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ash

Ash Seasoned Veteran

+432
    To be fair, if you're going to start paying people to do packages, I'm sure you can fill that team with members from here.

9. Dan The Man

Dan The Man Resident

+32
    Yeah, the Posting Packages are a bit backlogged and there seem to be plenty of staffers on FP. Maybe a reward system like FP or even real cash is needed to incentivize Package Staff.

I only post here to accrue FP points to redeem on Posting Packages so if this falls apart then the Points system is mostly useless in my opinion...

10. Ajay

Ajay I'm The Captain Now

+302
    Lol, the only thing worthwhile using $FP money for in my opinion, would be the things that @ChrisGrigg offers with hosting. Other than that, it's useless in the current state.

11. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+2,298
    Or maybe I should start selling Game keys using FP$ cash! Maybe?

12. Matthew

Matthew Retired Administrator Retired Admin

+127
    Re-design the package team to be community driven and similar in design to the review team and services like post loop.

- Make the package team's role to be the facilitators of the packages. They open, organize, close, insure quality, etc.
    - Allow anyone to jump onto a package. Once they complete it, a package team member can verify completion and basic quality.
    - Encourage customers to review guest packagers. Make sure they meet certain criteria or ratings in order to continue being guest packagers.
    - Offer smaller but more quality staff specific packages that require 1-2 individuals. These packages would offer greater depth and discussion value.

Something like this would give greater value to the package team, reduce the need to keep its numbers filled, and make service management more of the goal instead of just posting on forums. Just a thought.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Daniel

Daniel Seasoned Veteran

+177
    The more exhausted I get with trying to think up reasonable ways to get people to join the team the more and more and more this idea comes into my head. Thank you for the constructive feedback.

• Like Like x 1
  14. John

John Retired Administrator Retired Admin

+885
    Hmm, this was suggested a lot when I was an admin and I've always wondered this: If the package service was based like PL (for example), would anyone actually post on other forums? Maybe it's just me, but I can't see myself posting on some random person's forum for no reason other than FP$. Maybe someday I'd find someone's forum that looked really cool, but I feel like harder genres (anime, reading, certain gaming boards) would be totally ignored in the service. I always thought that the cool part of the package service was every forum got equal footing within the service. Your package was going to be completed in a few weeks (at most), no matter your genre. Perhaps I'm missing something, idk.

Anyway - I think Matthew does have a good point. Posting on random people's forum is just kind of... boring, and it's super easy to get burt out. I don't know how to fix that, but I'm glad to see that @Daniel is looking for advice to fix that. There's been a lot of good input and new ideas put into this topic, because he asked very humbly for suggestions, and has replied to every one of them in a reasonable amout of time.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Empire

+2,298
    @John It will get burnt out and also it will end fast to the point of boring. People who has less then 1k FP crash will more likely will do it as they need to earn as much to able to spend on Fp offers and whatnot. Those that have over 10K might still do posting on other sites as they still might want to get fp cash and spend fp cash.

Members that has over 30K FP cash like myself who doesn't need anymore fp cash as we have nothing to spend it on!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ajay

Ajay I'm The Captain Now

+302
    kk, send me some please. :heart:

It'll help the review team.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Rick Ace

Rick Ace Administrator Administrator

+322
    The PTM application could use terms. That is providing members with the option of terms and renewal.

Example: If you designate a term to be 3 months. A member could apply for a 3 month term and then decide to renew or leave.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Empire

+2,298
    Nope :p better luck next time my old boy :p

• Sad Sad x 1
  19. danthex

danthex GamingBoards.net King Community Team

+207
    I know it's been mentioned and dropped numerous times already, however, what about a monthly subscription for a service like PlayStation Network, Xbox Live, Netflix, etc. -- This would be a reoccurring benefit to putting in the work, although, of course, that comes with a cost that someone has to bite one way or another.

Or, if they're paid in FP$, the ability to convert that into a gift card or something of the sort. Realistically to keep the team motivated they will expect to reap some guaranteed reward from their labor.

You could even hold friendly competitions where the forum owners would vote for their favorite team member based on the quality of posts they've received from that person. It could be presented in a latter form for simple viewing pleasure and bragging purposes. :p

--Just my 2 cents, it's early, the coffee hasn't digested yet.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ajay

Ajay I'm The Captain Now

+302
    I mean it's not a bad idea, but i'd prefer cash. :happy: