Solved Question & concerns about content being deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic

Manners maketh man
Jul 5, 2009
FP$
Hi!

I just wanted to share a few concerns that I have over the current attitude that is being taken towards comments posted on FP. It seems that anything that seems to be critical of what staff are doing is getting removed, and without any reason being provided.

I posted a profile comment that said “All aboard the censor ship.” It wasn’t aimed at anyone, and actually didn’t refer specifically to FP at all. But it was removed. I asked why it was removed, but didn’t get a response, so I guess I am now writing my concerns here. In particular I am seeing a larger trend, and am wondering whether other members see this as well.

I want this discussion to be as constructive as possible. I have concerns, and I just want to see them addressed. Can FP staff please give me an answer on this and what the policy is? Are comments that disagree with staff allowed? If not that is okay, I just want to make sure that I agree with staff in all of my posts if that is now a rule.

Thanks. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Ajay

Ajay

I'm The Captain Now
Feb 23, 2011
FP$
This is the first time I've been on today so I'm lost. I wouldn't know why that comment alone would break any rule. But then again, I don't know what the events were that lead up to that.
I think comments, without tagging anyone, shouldn't be deleted unless they're offending a certain person. I've noticed that in the past few weeks, the FP Moderation Guidelines haven't been followed.

Cammeh

Administrator
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Cookie Badge
Hi!

I just wanted to share a few concerns that I have over the current attitude that is being taken towards comments posted on FP. It seems that anything that seems to be critical of what staff are doing is getting removed, and without any reason being provided.

I posted a profile comment that said “All aboard the censor ship.” It wasn’t aimed at anyone, and actually didn’t refer specifically to FP at all. But it was removed. I asked why it was removed, but didn’t get a response, so I guess I am now writing my concerns here. In particular I am seeing a larger trend, and am wondering whether other members see this as well.

I want this discussion to be as constructive as possible. I have concerns, and I just want to see them addressed. Can FP staff please give me an answer on this and what the policy is? Are comments that disagree with staff allowed? If not that is okay, I just want to make sure that I agree with staff in all of my posts if that is now a rule.

Thanks. :)
Your profile comment was relevant to a decision I made moderating the forum just a couple minutes prior, which is why it was deleted. I don't have a problem with individuals utilizing the profile commenting system, but we're not going to continue to allow former staff members to attack our staff team through these features. The negativity that has been taking place between numerous Retired Administrators and Valued Contributors has got to stop. It's harming the community.

As you've personally taught me, the permissions to utilize certain features are a privilege, and not a right. We will take permissions when we feel it's necessary for the well being of this community. That includes deleting profile comments, and locking topics. I'm not going to permit this topic to go any further.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ajay and Cosmic
This is the first time I've been on today so I'm lost. I wouldn't know why that comment alone would break any rule. But then again, I don't know what the events were that lead up to that.
I think comments, without tagging anyone, shouldn't be deleted unless they're offending a certain person. I've noticed that in the past few weeks, the FP Moderation Guidelines haven't been followed.
I agree to an extent. It all depends on the situation. For example: If you dated my gf before me and I didn't like it and you made a profile comment saying, "You got my sloppy seconds.", that would be okay to me because that's personal drama only you and I know of. But if you were to put, "Get your head out of your butt and just delete VC/RA groups.", we'd have a problem because that's public drama and everyone would know who that was directed toward. Bad analogies, I know, but you get the picture.

• Agree
Reactions: Ajay
Status
Not open for further replies.