Racism on the Decline in the US

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
Oddly, enough, despite liberals fear of Trump - racism only survives in areas with a low IQ and much poverty. Therefore, I think the real prejudice nowadays - is against the ignorant - and these ignorant folks - are actually more likely to be racist! Sounds kind of confusing, but do you get my meaning?

Rick Ace

Seasoned Veteran
I would disagree. I think what's happening is that hatred is becoming more convoluted. Instead of people having one-sided racist beliefs, people are harboring much more hatred.

I've seen people have horribly hateful thoughts about religions, races, ethnicities, color, sex, etc... Whereas, people had a few simplistic judgments at one point, it looks like the entire issue of hate has become very complicated.

As a liberal, even I feel lonely at times when I don't hate on someone/something. I think that shows how much hate has become a part of our lives.

Reactions: Jason76

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
Well, despite what's written below, I still think racism is down. In fact, it's been replaced by class-ism - but not sure if that's an improvement.

I can agree that racism is declining, people are becoming more educated and connected thanks to things like the internet. :)
Yeah, but it's also a meeting/educational place for racists. I mean, racists met up - about as much as pedophiles did (before the net).

I would disagree. I think what's happening is that hatred is becoming more convoluted. Instead of people having one-sided racist beliefs, people are harboring much more hatred.

I've seen people have horribly hateful thoughts about religions, races, ethnicities, color, sex, etc... Whereas, people had a few simplistic judgments at one point, it looks like the entire issue of hate has become very complicated.

As a liberal, even I feel lonely at times when I don't hate on someone/something. I think that shows how much hate has become a part of our lives.
The Facebook memes are disturbing. It's if they have zero contact with any minorities.

Well, in my experience, military towns are full of people like that - and also areas with few non-whites (like Tennessee where I live).

Last edited:

Rick Ace

Seasoned Veteran
Well, despite what's written below, I still think racism is down. In fact, it's been replaced by class-ism - but not sure if that's an improvement.
In some ways, it may seem like previously known racist behavior has lessened. It's not the 60s. We don't divide jobs and schools outwardly based on race. But from what I've been seeing, I think people seem to catch on to stranger racist ideologies without knowing it.

For example, some people believe that it was right for the Native Americans to be displaced by a so-called "superior civilization." And those who disagree are called apologists. To think that any group of people have to be displaced for progress and improvement is not only racist but also logically incorrect.

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
In some ways, it may seem like previously known racist behavior has lessened. It's not the 60s. We don't divide jobs and schools outwardly based on race. But from what I've been seeing, I think people seem to catch on to stranger racist ideologies without knowing it.

For example, some people believe that it was right for the Native Americans to be displaced by a so-called "superior civilization." And those who disagree are called apologists. To think that any group of people have to be displaced for progress and improvement is not only racist but also logically incorrect.
Iv'e seen black and Native American posts (identity politics) be incredibly biased - always saying "good things" about their respective groups.

Well, anyway, the white conservative posts are incredibly annoying also - for much the same "biased" reasons. So the solution to all this - is just ignore race and it goes away - as I stated at the top of the thread.

Barbarism exists within and outside of the "European-ish" nations and people. The European-ish sphere does not have a monopoly on it.

Last edited:

Rick Ace

Seasoned Veteran
Well, anyway, the white conservative posts are incredibly annoying also - for much the same "biased" reasons. So the solution to all this - is just ignore race and it goes away - as I stated at the top of the thread.
In my opinion, the United States (and possibly other parts of the world) faces a huge challenge ahead. As I said before, racism likely isn't declining, but evolving into something more toxic.

The solution is not to ignore it, but to treat the problem. Why? The last time racism evolved, we ended up with eugenics and the holocaust. The perpetrators did not think they were racist. They believed that they were acting humanely (slavery had ended, women had more rights, etc), and did horrible acts in the name of science.

The Nazi Germans thought they were being scientific and also believed that many of their methods came from or worked with some of the theories developed in the U.S. (See Cold Spring Harbor).

The advent of technology, cyber-bullying, the information age, and many other things (including short attention spans and hardline ideologies) is creating a new type of hatred 3.0. Perhaps, it may not be racism in its classical sense, but that's why we should care.

The amount of hate (and also the identity politics as you mentioned) is going out of hand. And it could change our society for the worse.

Finally, I think the biggest misconception is that people identity too heavily based on heritage. I think history has shown us that society and community has a bigger impact on your lifestyle than your so-called identity.

• Agree
Reactions: Jason76

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
In my opinion, the United States (and possibly other parts of the world) faces a huge challenge ahead. As I said before, racism likely isn't declining, but evolving into something more toxic.

The solution is not to ignore it, but to treat the problem. Why? The last time racism evolved, we ended up with eugenics and the holocaust. The perpetrators did not think they were racist. They believed that they were acting humanely (slavery had ended, women had more rights, etc), and did horrible acts in the name of science.

The Nazi Germans thought they were being scientific and also believed that many of their methods came from or worked with some of the theories developed in the U.S. (See Cold Spring Harbor).

The advent of technology, cyber-bullying, the information age, and many other things (including short attention spans and hardline ideologies) is creating a new type of hatred 3.0. Perhaps, it may not be racism in its classical sense, but that's why we should care.

The amount of hate (and also the identity politics as you mentioned) is going out of hand. And it could change our society for the worse.

Finally, I think the biggest misconception is that people identity too heavily based on heritage. I think history has shown us that society and community has a bigger impact on your lifestyle than your so-called identity.
Yeah, it's definitely scary. In fact, online there is a so-called "cool guy" (one of my former high school friends) trying to stand up against it. It's strange to see his dilemma. Of course, he tries to joke around it and all - but he sees the same danger.

Basically, a lot of my high school friends have given over to "sugar coated extremism".

Anyway, there's not much anyone can do about it - and people coming against are labeled geeks, despicable, and preachy.