• Guest, we are pleased to inform you that Forum Promotion has been integrated with Discord. This means no matter where you are you can always stay connected to Forum Promotion. You can connect your Discord account to Forum Promotion by going to you account connected-accounts or by Clicking here. Once your account is connected and if you are part of the FP's Discord, you will automatically be given a role "Approved Users". And when ever a thread/post is created a notication will be posted in #new-threads and #new-posts.

Record players?

Allenafaith

Adrenaline Junkie
Valued Contributor
Apr 23, 2015
Alabama
FP$
Do any of you have a record player? How old is it? Do you use it often?

I have one that I bought my fiancé for Valentine’s Day. I don’t even use it anymore. We used it maybe three times and then stopped. All of our records are in my car, though. They were in my trunk when I got into my car accident last week, so they’re probably shattered now anyways. :(

Empire

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Grandparents are the right people to ask since they been born and using them when they are at there young age. But that being said it's coming back! We are starting to see it on the store and whatnot. There are still record player shops around. There are two near me.

They are good for Djs :)

fantanoice

Madly Diligent
Sep 27, 2008
Melbourne
www.twitch.tv
FP$
They say record players capture more of the intended sound than CDs. Does anyone agree?
Records have a better quality sound than CDs, yes.

My Dad has a 3000+ collection of them. He's got some players in the shed that he uses to listen to them. Every other day he comes home with a bunch more from the Op / Thrift Shop.

I've never gone out of my way to buy a player or records but I do like listening to them. They sound a lot warmer and idk, I guess the I'm nostalgic for the crack at the beginning of the songs.

B

Bryn

There is one in my house... only good for collecting dust that is. It was my mother's at one point.

Fiona1964

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reactions: Bryn