Reddit Advertisements?

ChrisGrigg

Administrator
Administrator
FP$
Cookie Badge
Like Badge
Has anyone attempted to use the Reddit paid advertisements? If you have, what are your statistics relating to your ad and was it worth your investment?

Carlos X

Addicted
If you intend to hopefully "trojan horse" your way into the Reddit community, be ready for a few things: Toxic folks. Especially in the gaming space. And mods police the place like its their own place. Like they own the yard. Like they own the site. So, whatever you do, don't expect to easily advertise on Reddit. I've done it not once, not twice, but more.

The first time, I was asking a legitimate question. I was polling the community as to what they want from a game company. Mod shut it down. Even though it was following their rules. I wasn't self-promoting, I wasn't linking back to my own site. I knew not to do that, but Mods there don't care. They'll shut you down.

The second time, I straight up tried linking to somewhere. Still shut down.

The third time? I tried posting youtube videos of me playing Modern Warfare. Guess what? Shut down. Despite others posting similar YouTube videos. At least, I got feedback from people. Some good, and some bad - I can handle those. They also upvoted/downvoted my post. I thought we were getting somewhere, but mods shut it down eventually.

Reddit is a great place to get traffic, but it is very clique-based. You'll need to build up your reputation at Reddit, it's hard work, it will take a long time for you to build it up with so many dumb people posting on Reddit.

I even met the co-founder of the site...

He said that mods did similar things to him, and I'm thinking "What? It's your site, you can do whatever the hell you want, man!"

ChrisGrigg

Administrator
Administrator
FP$
Cookie Badge
Like Badge
I'm referring to the paid advertisements where you set your budget and your campaign and reddit places your ads amongst your target groups. Have you had any experience using that service?