• Hello Guest, we are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with our email system. Please expect a delay in email delivery.

Relaunching an old forum?

Thomasss

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Jan 28, 2013
forumer.io
FP$
For those who owned and shutdown a forum, what are your thoughts on relaunching said forum? Has anyone done it successfully and glad they did, or did it turn into a nightmare?

How did you manage to overcome the majority of your content being old and outdated while landing new members?

Thomasss

Community Team Leader
Community Team
Jan 28, 2013
forumer.io
FP$
I've closed Revillution down in the past and relaunched it, hence why I lost the .com :( but it worked out fine as the new version of Revillution is doing pretty well.
The thoughts of continuing my forum have come and gone. How long was it shut down for and why did you shut it down?

Reactions: Smokey

Smokey

Paragon
Jul 28, 2009
USA
www.revillution.net
FP$
I'd say it was shut down for about a year, maybe a year 1/2? I shut it down due to things going on in my life and I felt like I couldn't dedicate enough time to it, but after it was gone, I still had the domains and i renewed the .net after realizing i missed having the site and wanted to bring it back up. However, someone had purchased the .com out from under me and i wasn't able to get a hold of the .com :( Now it's worth a lot of money and I can't get my hands on it :(

So my regret was shutting down in the first place and losing the .com.

meetdilip

Marketing Team Member
Marketing Team
Feb 17, 2019
FP$
As long as we have not killed the reason which caused the shutdown, I doubt we should revisit the launch process.

Reactions: Thomasss

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
The thoughts of continuing my forum have come and gone. How long was it shut down for and why did you shut it down?
Inactivity, worthless staff, loss of interest and having family and financial obligations pushed me into shutting down. I got to the point that it no longer felt like it was fun or worth my time anymore.

Empire

VIP Team Member
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
Cookie Badge
Inactivity, worthless staff, loss of interest and having family and financial obligations pushed me into shutting down. I got to the point that it no longer felt like it was fun or worth my time anymore.
Most of us are or get that at times, Just think how much money lost in something that ended up closed.

Puppuccino

Member Team Leader
Aug 16, 2009
FP$
For those who owned and shutdown a forum, what are your thoughts on relaunching said forum? Has anyone done it successfully and glad they did, or did it turn into a nightmare?

How did you manage to overcome the majority of your content being old and outdated while landing new members?

I wish Forumer.io would launch again. It was a very good forum. It suffered from inactivity towards the end but was generally quite popular.

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
Mar 10, 2021
FP$
Most of us are or get that at times, Just think how much money lost in something that ended up closed.

I just got tired of it you know? I felt like a lot of my efforts were in vain. Then I started thinking that I went into it with little experience and based the forum on the wrong thing. I had a lot of thoughts going through my mind asking myself what I did wrong.