Road Construction

Discussion in 'Intellectual Talk' started by Joshua Farrell, Aug 10, 2018 at 2:51 AM.

1. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell Super Administrator Blue Administrator

+763
    We have road construction like crazy in our metro area right now. One of the 2 companies that are currently working on the roads, is actually trying to do the work at night when there are no one on the roads, yet the other company isn't getting the hint to do it at night.

Anyone else hate road construction?

2. Ajay

Ajay Up-and-Coming Sensation Review Team Team Leader

+46
    They're literally rebuilding most areas of NYC and turning them into upscale neighborhoods, so i've gotten used to seeing construction :laughing:

3. VirusZero

VirusZero Resident

+22
    I'd like if they did it at night. But most of them don't do that where I live. They do it starting from like 7am to 3pm. (This way they are done and gone by the time rush hour starts.)

The ones that do work at night... I'd like if they wouldn't close down such huge stretches of road at a time. Like they're working on an area that's about 3 miles long and they close the entire stretch down at a time. Not just the quarter mile they're actually working on... but the full stretch.

4. Grimalkin

Grimalkin Madly Diligent Review Team

+630
    The road is torn up about 2 blocks from my house. Bad thing is it's right in front of a school. School starts back up here on Wednesday so they need to hurry up and get it all finished before they have to deal with all the school traffic.

5. Ajay

Ajay Up-and-Coming Sensation Review Team Team Leader

+46
    Wow, they could've have picked a worse time to do that.

6. RH-Calvin

RH-Calvin Paragon

+53
    I hate road construction when it is done during the day time. Night is ok.

7. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+1,751
    Road works are famous in the UK. Always around always digging up holes. Got them across my road and also 1mile down the road. What's an pain that they dig it up then fix it then weeks later they dig it up again. They just finished building 50 homes across me and still doing the road up.

8. Jason76

Jason76 Packager Package Team

+276
    On the movie Falling Down, they have a scene where the anti-hero (Michael Douglas) blows up a road construction site out of frustration. The logic being the company has been working for years seemingly doing nothing or doing things at too slow a pace. Anyway, who has seen that movie?

9. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+1,751
    Yes but that;s from an movie. Witch is an very good movie

10. Gimgak

Gimgak Madly Diligent

+8
    I live on a major street in my city that's currently mostly closed; makes it pretty calm without any cars around at least haha. But I really hope they finish up before September 1st when students go back to school otherwise going to be be p annoying for a lotta folks