Road Construction

Discussion in 'Intellectual Talk' started by Joshua Farrell, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell Community Administrator Administrator

+784
    We have road construction like crazy in our metro area right now. One of the 2 companies that are currently working on the roads, is actually trying to do the work at night when there are no one on the roads, yet the other company isn't getting the hint to do it at night.

Anyone else hate road construction?

2. Ajay

Ajay Review Director Moderators

+77
    They're literally rebuilding most areas of NYC and turning them into upscale neighborhoods, so i've gotten used to seeing construction :laughing:

3. VirusZero

VirusZero Resident

+24
    I'd like if they did it at night. But most of them don't do that where I live. They do it starting from like 7am to 3pm. (This way they are done and gone by the time rush hour starts.)

The ones that do work at night... I'd like if they wouldn't close down such huge stretches of road at a time. Like they're working on an area that's about 3 miles long and they close the entire stretch down at a time. Not just the quarter mile they're actually working on... but the full stretch.

4. IT

IT Madly Diligent Staff Team

+679
    The road is torn up about 2 blocks from my house. Bad thing is it's right in front of a school. School starts back up here on Wednesday so they need to hurry up and get it all finished before they have to deal with all the school traffic.

5. Ajay

Ajay Review Director Moderators

+77
    Wow, they could've have picked a worse time to do that.

6. RH-Calvin

RH-Calvin Paragon

+56
    I hate road construction when it is done during the day time. Night is ok.

7. Tick-O-Tock

Tick-O-Tock Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+1,839
    Road works are famous in the UK. Always around always digging up holes. Got them across my road and also 1mile down the road. What's an pain that they dig it up then fix it then weeks later they dig it up again. They just finished building 50 homes across me and still doing the road up.

8. Jason76

Jason76 Packager Staff Team

+329
    On the movie Falling Down, they have a scene where the anti-hero (Michael Douglas) blows up a road construction site out of frustration. The logic being the company has been working for years seemingly doing nothing or doing things at too slow a pace. Anyway, who has seen that movie?

9. Tick-O-Tock

+1,839
    Yes but that;s from an movie. Witch is an very good movie

10. Gimgak

Gimgak Madly Diligent

+8
    I live on a major street in my city that's currently mostly closed; makes it pretty calm without any cars around at least haha. But I really hope they finish up before September 1st when students go back to school otherwise going to be be p annoying for a lotta folks

11. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell Community Administrator Administrator

+784
    I am now hating our local road construction more. The road construction is now on literally all of the roads going in and out of our town. :neutral:

12. Azareal

Azareal Paragon

+121
    I haven't seen a road construction in a years, although they were always blocking off some road or diverting you in the UK.
    Got to make it look like they're doing something :p lol

13. MrHorror

MrHorror Reputable

+33
    In my neighborhood we have construction on a mosque that's been happening for years. Now on the right side of my street, they're building a new middle school. Across from the mosque, a new apartment building sprung up rather quickly. Across from my building, they're building a new 3 family house. So to the OP, tell me about it. o_O:D

14. Tick-O-Tock

+1,839
    Hmmm, they keep on digging the same road up

15. Azareal

Azareal Paragon

+121
    Maybe they're looking for buried treasure lol

16. Tick-O-Tock

+1,839
    I wish, but more like they keep on messing it up and on going fixing it or they forget to add something

17. The Monster In You

The Monster In You Resident

+88
    Right now, there's major roadworks just round the corner from my house where for that one particular road, two side streets are closed off on each side and lots of diversions around. Thankfully I didn't travel down there... just observed it as I was passing.

In general though, roadworks are a major inconvenience.

18. Lord Voldematt

Lord Voldematt Manners maketh man Administrator

+757
    This thread could have been titled Seattle, seriously. :eek:

Yeah we have it all the time and it’s annoying. Night time is just as annoying because the people who live nearby are kept up all night by loud beeping and shrill grinding noises from the street.

19. Jerlene

Jerlene Seasoned Veteran Moderators

+87
    I only hate road work because traffic gets congested.

20. Keranov

Keranov The Patron Saint of Vodka Staff Team

+202
    Actually, I do like to see some real road construction in my country.