Suggestion Round Robin

Discussion in 'Community Matters' started by Lämmchen, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Lämmchen

Lämmchen Up-and-Coming Sensation

+83
    I titled this Round Robin for lack of a better term.

I was thinking of other ways that FP can be used for promotion...not that the current ways aren't good but there can always be even more ways of promotion. So I came up with the idea of a Round Robin where people can sign up to join a group (using FP cash?) for a specific amount of time where each member of that group goes around to the other forums/blogs, registers then posts a specific amount of posts. It can be as simple as 5 members in the group committing to join the other 4 and post maybe make 3 posts or threads before going to the next forum another day and doing the same thing.

It could really jump start the newer forums, use up FP cash and relieve some of the Packaging Team that might be overwhelmed with all the work they have to do.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+2,202
    No difference to what we do now. Exchanges. Apart from you said groups.

3. Lämmchen

+83
    It's similar to the exchanges done now with the exception of groups as you say, but that difference helps in that you get daily activity from a variety of different people. The groups can be even bigger (pay more FP cash) and sites that are low in numbers will quickly fill up so that current members have more things to respond to on the sites.

4. Keranov

Keranov The Patron Saint of Vodka

+229
    That is basically the same with people buying posts in the Forum Cash Exchanges section. They can get posts from multiple members for their community. But now comes the part that no one anymore wants to do posts for FP$.

5. Lämmchen

+83
    I personally don't want to pay people real money to post. I'd definitely give up my FP cash though for some new activity on the site. I don't have to really sacrifice anything to gain FP cash.

I thought a group effort would bring a camaraderie feel instead of feeling that we're in it alone trying to get posts member by member.

6. Ash

Ash Seasoned Veteran Community Team

+368
    The idea is creative and it would be nice to bring something different to the table. Unfortunately, executing it may not be the easiest and I do think it's similar to the way exchanges works right now. By trying to bring more popular into one exchange, it may just complicate things.

7. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+2,202
    FP hasn't got enough active members to able to do this! going to be very small groups. This week has been allot less content going around.

8. Jerlene

Jerlene Collecting FP$ Administrator

+623
    So a pod. If people want to start something like this in the Exchange section(s), they are free to do it.

9. Kaynil

Kaynil Paragon Package Team Valued Contributor

+485
    I used to be a part of a posting ring some years ago. It worked okay but it seemed that not limiting the ring to our strengths was something that really made it hard for us to do it in the long term.

So I guess my advice is that as you go building your ring before accepting the newest board, to make sure everybody that is already part of you ring feels confident in being able to post easily in the newer one. I guess the easier way is limiting and making clear what kind of webs/blogs/boards niches are you up to exchange with.

I wouldn't mind trying again and joining a small ring if it is not too demanding.