Say Goodbye to Google

Discussion in 'Intellectual Talk' started by xXInfectedXx, Feb 2, 2019.

1. xXInfectedXx

xXInfectedXx Former Staff

+430
    Any suggestions on my 60k Google Community that really just started to kick of? Screenshot_20190202-020102.jpg

2. Guardian

Guardian Madly Diligent

+57
    Migrate them to forum! :p

If only...

I knew it was coming, but still surprised they're closing it. Never quite took off like they wanted it to.

3. Ajay

Ajay I'm The Captain Now

+302
    Clickbait thread title. Not cool.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Jerlene

Jerlene The Senseless Blogger Administrator

+723
    It's just Google+ and that's a good thing. Wasn't one of their greatest features anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Web2019

Web2019 Up-and-Coming Sensation

+64
    Tell them to subscribe to your newsletter: daily, weekly, monthly

6. Allan

Allan Paragon

+28
    It was googles way of trying to be something they aren't, I won't miss it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. VirusZero

VirusZero Resident

+44
    Good riddance to something I never asked for, never wanted and was essentially told I needed in order to keep using my youtube account.

Hopefully google learned their lesson with this. And may this "service" never come back.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lucky!

Lucky! sudo rm -rf / Retired Admin

+633
    Finally, Google+ was useless anyways.

9. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+2,298
    I never even used it and so it doesn't bother me, used it for YouTube but that's all LOL

Making it into an site or move to another platform is the best option

10. hazeldig

hazeldig Acquaintance

+20
    I actually liked G+, it had a lot less... BS than FB/Twitter? It felt a bit more centred and positive compared to those two for the few people who used it.

Unfortunately the way they executed it was extremely poor and forced.

11. Bluezone777

Bluezone777 Dinner Team Leader

+409
    I wouldn't be surprised that they chose April 2nd for the date and not April 1st because they feared people wouldn't take it serious and just think it was an April fool's day joke. As for Google+, I never used it so no loss for me and probably most everyone else as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Carlos X

Carlos X Resident

+167
    I kinda liked Google+ but the reason why I don't use it much is because while it sends ranking signals to my site, the issue is that you don't really get that much traffic from it unless you have a large following. Getting new users was pretty hard, as well on that network. Hopefully the next iteration of their network idea implements issues, problems, and improvements for all facets of Google+'s failure.

I don't just want it to be replaced (which is happening) for fixes, I want improvements, I want them to actually, genuinely understand the issues with Google+ rather than ignoring them and not caring. I want them to learn their mistakes.

For people's information, though: They're closing Google+ because of a combination of things, not just because a lot of people hate it. It also has to do with the security issues that it has. It was discovered that there were leaks where it would reveal user info.

13. Azareal

Azareal Paragon

+341
    It doesn't really have much to do with security. It's more PR, it's a service which really doesn't do anything for them *and* it gives an excuse for them to be dragged before Congress at a time where they really want to escape the heat and just let Facebook deal with that on it's own.

One of the problems with Google is that they're really bad at communicating with people and marketing in general.