• Guest, we are pleased to inform you that Forum Promotion has been integrated with Discord. This means no matter where you are. You will always stay connected to Forum Promotion. You can connect your Discord account by going to your account settings > connected-accounts or by Clicking here. Once your account is connected, you will automatically join our server (if you have already joined, you will be automatically roled). You will automatically be given the role of "Approved Users." And whenever a thread/post is created, a message will be posted in #new-threads and #new-posts.

Scheduling Posting

Joshua Farrell

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Forum Sponsor
Nov 9, 2009
forumpromotion.net
FP$
Red Diamond
Like Badge
Do any of you use post schedulers, in order to make sure a topic that you want to get put up at a certain time and date, gets made? If so, how has it worked for you?

I have been considering doing this, and haven't decided if I want to use forum software specific addons, or by using third party software that allow me to post from a file on my computer. I have actually been thinking about this for a while now. I know that softwares like the following can be helpful, but some people might consider it as a way to spam less noticeably. Most of the things I have been thinking of using it for, have been things like preplanned announcements and other items like that.

Example of addon on XF: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bs-scheduled-posting.7462/
Third party: themaPoster

Advertise Here

meetdilip

Marketing Team Member
Marketing Team
Feb 17, 2019
FP$
To be honest, I have never heard of scheduled posting on forums before. Sounds good for certain people who do not have time for regular posts.

Joshua Farrell

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Forum Sponsor
Nov 9, 2009
forumpromotion.net
FP$
Red Diamond
Like Badge
I think we should give it a try! let's see how scheduling feature works.
Not sure if the one for XF has the bugs worked out of it, but I remember it had some display issues with replies, after a scheduled reply shows up. Scheduled Topics worked just fine though.

The ThemaPoster software I mentioned, seems to do pretty good. It seems to work with most softwares, if the software doesn't have a weird login page and board location slug.

Cumulus

Marketing Team Leader 📊
Marketing Team
Oct 8, 2020
UK
FP$
I'm a huge user of scheduling posts on WordPress but the idea to do it on a forum software hadn't crossed my mind.

It might be a really powerful tool to schedule new threads across the board and encourage participation, particularly by Community Engagement / Moderator staff members. Members may also find it interesting to use too

Pennywise

Madly Diligent
Apr 17, 2013
Behind you!
FP$
I hadn't heard of doing this on a forum before. I can see using this on a blog.....

But like Cumulus mentioned, it might help encourage people to participate more on the forum if you are posting regularly on the forum so I can see where this would be useful.

Reactions: Cumulus

Maria Jonas

Familiar Face
Nov 5, 2019
India
forms-creator.com
FP$
Not sure if the one for XF has the bugs worked out of it, but I remember it had some display issues with replies, after a scheduled reply shows up. Scheduled Topics worked just fine though.

The ThemaPoster software I mentioned, seems to do pretty good. It seems to work with most softwares, if the software doesn't have a weird login page and board location slug.
Then i think i should try ThemaPoster!